Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side sits lower no matter what? WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 03:34 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Driver side sits lower no matter what? WTF?

This car has been driving me nuts, I ******* wish it would burst into flames and die.

No matter what I do the driver side sits lower. I've had all sorts of different parts on it and nothing corrects it, short of airbags, which I don't want to use and even if I did it would be preloading the wrong side. Current setup is:

Stock (cut) springs
TRZ ARB
QA1's
Car has subframe connectors, etc.

I tried setting the ARB up "neutral" with me in the car, tire rubbed badly on drivers side. Took sway bar loose and car leans terribly to drivers side, basically undriveable. Severe tire rub. So bad last night the tire caught the plastic piece on the driver side and ripped it out (the part by the fuel fill tube). I tried swapping springs out back today as I figured the drivers side collapsed, it still leans. It was so twisted last night I couldn't get the passenger T top back in.

I'm pissed, WTF could cause this? We've eliminated springs, shocks, ARB, tire psi, etc. The front is almost level, right now the driver side is 1" lower out back. Car looks ridiculous, and is undriveable.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:54 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Before anyone tries to "state the obvious", the springs were cut the same length, and I have swapped them from side to side, eliminating that possibility.

Should I lower the passenger front?
Old 04-25-2009, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know if this might be your problem or not, but I had a similar issue when setting up my car. Mine turned out to be the torque arm hitting the tunnel back by the rear end after I lowered it. I had to jack it up, massage the tunnel back with a hammer, and then my issues were over. Mine was sitting high on the drivers side as your describing.

I see you're running a 12 bolt, mine was with a 9", but, hey... you never know.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Car had the crap beat out of it, prior to mods such as roll bar, connectors?
Roll bar/cage in it? If so, welded in w/ body tweaked?
Frame connectors in crooked?
Car totalled and "rebuilt"?
LCA's bent, locked up?
Rear end hsg bent?
Take it to a GOOD frame shop. They can instrument it, and check all the measure points used when the car was built.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:34 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

The car has subframes and everything, although I am still suprised it flexed enough to make the t top hard to get in. Once I swapped the springs the t top went in fine. I'm going to lower the right front today and see what happens, probably get the car scaled real soon too. Its been on an alignment rack and I know its straight as far as the frame and how the subframes were welded and stuff.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

make a shock in binding really bad? you have alot of pinion angle with stpck lower shock mounts? I dont know if thats would blind to hold a cars weight, just thinking?
see how it sits with the rear shock unbolted?

Quick Reply: Driver side sits lower no matter what? WTF?