Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks moser

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Let's hope that isn't the case. I'd definitely reccommend all new parts to get a good inspection before use, I generally never buy anything fabb'ed with paint or powdercoat on it, just so I can inspect the welds to make sure they look good before they get hidden under paint or powder.
Now JL, you should know better... You know that some of the LS1Tech sponsors offer powdercoating for a fee.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:03 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

No one has bothered to mention that Moser guarantees their axles....maybe they would have taken care of your problem. Now that an outside source has worked on their product, I'd have to agree that you're screwed out of any help from them. You really should have contacted them. They have great tech & customer support.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
No one has bothered to mention that Moser guarantees their axles....maybe they would have taken care of your problem. Now that an outside source has worked on their product, I'd have to agree that you're screwed out of any help from them. You really should have contacted them. They have great tech & customer support.
I don't mean this in any way to attack either Moser or you, but...

There are some of us who drive our toys because we love it, and don't have the luxury of down time and will get it taken care of when an issue arises. These should come from the manufacturer in A+ shape, yes I understand as the saying goes "**** happens" but to say that he should have left the car driving like a monkeys nuts sack and try to get ahold of Moser is kind of a waste, like i said we need our cars to get to where ever it is we need to get to.

The issue got resolved, and he already said that all they would be liable for is the $60 and he is just letting people know to look for this, I would agree though that Moser might want to look at this and say. hmm maybe we need to light a match under our QA guys butt and pay better attention, had he been going down a track Moser would have a lot more to deal with rather than some post on the internet.

Either way it was resolved he is letting us know and I thank him for that as I will be looking for a 9in in the future, hopefully near future.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

that sucks
Old 12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Have you even contacted moser yet ?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

The catalog that I have says that "In no event will Moser Engineering be responsible for damages including but not limited to down time, lost profits, goodwill, damage to or replacement of equipment and property, loss of use, or cost of substituted products."

Of course, that doesn't mean they can't work with you.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

just curious if this rear was actually purchased from moser with relo brackets welded onto the housing.... Their relo bracket option on a new housing doesn't actually weld the relo brackets they sell to the housing, they just use a different LCA mounting location with multiple holes in it...
Old 12-17-2009, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

its not a traditional relo bracket, and it was ordered from moser this way. and noone has touched it but me. lol at screwed out of help from them. 60 bucks isnt worth the downtime on my car. pretty sure everyone thats posted here would have the same feelings as me on that one....
Old 12-18-2009, 06:05 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I don't mean this in any way to attack either Moser or you, but...

There are some of us who drive our toys because we love it, and don't have the luxury of down time and will get it taken care of when an issue arises. These should come from the manufacturer in A+ shape, yes I understand as the saying goes "**** happens" but to say that he should have left the car driving like a monkeys nuts sack and try to get ahold of Moser is kind of a waste, like i said we need our cars to get to where ever it is we need to get to.
Loving to drive your car has nothing to do with the idea of parking it for a day or two while you try to resolve a problem. Do we know the OP's life story....how do I know that he can't park his car while allowing Moser a chance to possibly correct a problem on their part. The point is there is no reason to post a bitch without allowing the other party involved the chance to make it right first.

Originally Posted by tee-boy
The catalog that I have says that "In no event will Moser Engineering be responsible for damages including but not limited to down time, lost profits, goodwill, damage to or replacement of equipment and property, loss of use, or cost of substituted products."

Of course, that doesn't mean they can't work with you.
That is their disclaimer against damage to property other than the parts they produce & sell. It has nothing to do with guaranteeing their parts.

Trust me....they guarantee their axles. If you break one or twist it, they will replace it. My father was given this guarantee when he bought his Moser 9".
Old 12-18-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Loving to drive your car has nothing to do with the idea of parking it for a day or two while you try to resolve a problem. Do we know the OP's life story....how do I know that he can't park his car while allowing Moser a chance to possibly correct a problem on their part. The point is there is no reason to post a bitch without allowing the other party involved the chance to make it right first.

That is their disclaimer against damage to property other than the parts they produce & sell. It has nothing to do with guaranteeing their parts.

Trust me....they guarantee their axles. If you break one or twist it, they will replace it. My father was given this guarantee when he bought his Moser 9".
Hey all I see it as is a warning to check the stuff before installing ni case there was a bad batch or something. You are right about not knowing his circumstances, but I understood that cause he posts up in the western section. It's all good to me I now know though really make sure to check my rear when I do purchase it because I race every week and do not want to have to worry about hitting a wall. Albeit this might just be one freak incident.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:31 AM
MASS seller approved

damm that sux about your paint id be calling them and bitching them out if they refused to do anything id ***** them out all over the net too now ill think twice before ordering a moser for sure
Old 12-19-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Definitely good to check your parts. Of course, common sense could tell you that!!! But not all defects will be found. Kind of like a frickin' pinhole in a transmission front seal. Ain't going to find that till it's bolted up, full of fluid, and running.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:12 PM
9 Second Club

dont know how this could swing back and forth if the weld broke.

I know what Tick is saying here,and I know what he is talking about..... story does not sound right to me. Pics would clear all confusion. Just take a pic of the bracket now as it sits..just to see what style it is.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If it did come from Moser like this it needs to be posted like it was. Imagine what would happen at the track if this broke.Whats the point of hiding something like this when it could effect someones life.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:18 PM
9 Second Club

And this is the reason I had my grandpa do some tig welding to my LCA relocation brackets . I'm not surprised in the least. Moser is a top notch company and have some VERY nice stuff, but it isn't the first time I've seen/heard of some weak welding.

Quick Reply: Thanks moser