Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see those 10 point cages

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by B18B1LS1
I know this is a super old post, but has anyone else done this with their MWC cage? Any details on doing this? Sounds like the main hoop and rear bars are the "rear assembly" and everything else is the "front assembly"?
You are correct we split it as the main hoop to paint them leaving the door bar separate. No front windshield in the vehicle will always make life easier.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by B18B1LS1
I know this is a super old post, but has anyone else done this with their MWC cage? Any details on doing this? Sounds like the main hoop and rear bars are the "rear assembly" and everything else is the "front assembly"?
Another option and what I did when I built my cage. Drill 2" holes where the front bars and main hoop bars contact the floor. Just set the plates on the floor and tack the whole cage together. Once it's all tacked together and your happy with it weld as much as you can on the top of front bars, halo and top of rear bars. Cut the tacks off door bars and remove them then pull plates out from under front bars and main hoop. Let the cage slide down through the floor to finish welding the tops. Paint the top half of cage before pushing it back up through. Slide plates back under, get door bars back in and finish welding and painting everything.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis2
You are correct we split it as the main hoop to paint them leaving the door bar separate. No front windshield in the vehicle will always make life easier.
The windshield needs to come out to do it this way, or it just makes everything easier in general? I need a new windshield, I should have ordered a lexan one from you guys at the same time!

Originally Posted by tug686spd
Another option and what I did when I built my cage. Drill 2" holes where the front bars and main hoop bars contact the floor. Just set the plates on the floor and tack the whole cage together. Once it's all tacked together and your happy with it weld as much as you can on the top of front bars, halo and top of rear bars. Cut the tacks off door bars and remove them then pull plates out from under front bars and main hoop. Let the cage slide down through the floor to finish welding the tops. Paint the top half of cage before pushing it back up through. Slide plates back under, get door bars back in and finish welding and painting everything.
Cutting holes in the floor was my original plan. But pulling out 2 halves to finish welding/painting would be pretty sweet! I'll just play with it and see what seems easiest when it shows up.

Thanks guys!
Old 12-05-2017, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Having it out just makes everything easier in general, or should word it as makes the install faster as well but not a necessity.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bringing back an old thread once again cuz i use the search function lol. .My mwc cage just came in and im super excited to get this installed. I just have one question. How the hell am i suppose to remove or instsll the net completely if the rear net bar is welded to the cage as circled in this pic.

Quick Reply: Let's see those 10 point cages