Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Camaro Diet Help Me With Weight Reduction & Suspension Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 02:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro Diet Help Me With Weight Reduction & Suspension Modifications

Whats the first modifications to do on a 98-02 camaro to knock off weight an make the car weight transfer better? I am running a decently powerful car on the street that won't hook with some BMR Rear Suspension Bolt On goodies. Nothing in the front of the car is don't yet an i also added a LQ9 408 last winter also. I am looking to talk to as many jenny craig & richard simmons car on a diet results, hints, tips, an success stories to inssure that this car is done right without any costly mistakes. I want to still be a DD Street car that looks like your average f-body with the exception of a set of big & littles an a aftermarket hood yet with the appearance that it doesn't have all kinds of things deleted an cut out of it from every angle the right way. I am looking for anyone who have done these type of modifications with success. I do ask for those of you who are writing stories for walt disney with the he said she said or friend of a friend stories don't post an waste my time please and thank you. Also pictures would be greatly appreciated as well. I am trying to find a local place to weigh my car so i know the current weight before i put it on a diet.

Last edited by LSWNDR; 03-16-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I weigh my car at the feed and grain store. Anyway, what is your budget? Are you looking to do more low cost/free weight mods or will you be willing to pay to get the weight down. First couple things would be tubular k-member and replace your front and rear bumper supports with tubular pieces.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Start your research here....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...y-updated.html

THEN decided what you can live with and what you can not.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Who makes tubular pieces for replacements on these camaro's??? I'm sure there are quite a few things i could do to make it better right now, but until i see whats really worth the loss then i'm not touching anything yet. I read the list, but i wanted to see what most of you guys have done to make this happen?
Old 03-17-2010, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Start your research here....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...y-updated.html

THEN decided what you can live with and what you can not.
Thats your answer LSWNDR. Everybody does different things depending on their needs. Figure out what you do and don't need and get to it. Thats it.

if you want to spend some money

-tubular k member
-lightweight bolt on or dzus on hood
-racing seats
-racing wheels and tires

Do a search, youll be busy for hours. there is a tremendous amount of information out there if you take the time to go through it.

Personaly if its your daily driver, I would leave it as is. I know you want it to be lighter but taking stuff off a street car in the name of saving a few pounds isn't worth it. I'm sure theres a few people reading this right now who know exactly what I'm talkin about.

It'll be a drag car before you know it, and if thats not what you want, your going to end up hating the things you did, or the car itself. get a lightweight bolt on hood and a bmr k member to help offset the steel block and be happy with that.

Even if its heavy, it should still hook. Work on suspension tuning first instead of just yanking weight out, or youll end up with a lighter car that still doesn't hook up.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

Right on thanks for the input, anymore suggestion surely that isn't all of them?

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro Diet Help Me With Weight Reduction & Suspension Modifications