Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about 60' with street tires... etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about 60' with street tires... etc

After a quick trip to the track im still consistent as ever even though the DA was around 3k. My bud has a 150k mile ragged out lt1 with a 2200 stall and 3.73 gears and bald *** walmart street tires. I mean no tread and this bastard was cutting 1.7 sixty foots all night long spinning like hell but still running low 14s...

Would it benefit the same with my setup?

Another question would be i currently have egay headers and full exhaust, I was thinking of replacing with quality headers and changing to true dual exhaust. Would this hurt of help my ET? The car is no longer a daily driver and the electric cutout is about pointless... lol.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The car makes so little power that the gears and stall are just helping it get out of the hold but then it falls on it's face.

To be honest, a 94+ A4 w/ 3.23's often run 13.9-14.2's in good air. Being that its 3k DA thats why he has not gotten a 13.8-13.9.

An exhaust change can make a difference, it may save on some weight and the tune can be adjusted to take advantage and probably will gain. But better gains can be had when changing things out like a cam.