Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fixed seta back mount, legal spcs. how did you do yours

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default fixed seta back mount, legal spcs. how did you do yours

this is somthing i'm going to add really soon so i'm legal for the shootout. never got around to it this year, after adding a wolfe 6point. i titled it back a little more then normal when i was running stock seats so my head couldn't hit the hoop. but then went to kirkey prostreet/drags with the racecraft bolt in brakets so it was safer with 5point harness. stock camaro seats were not.
this is what i have now, i like it that its just the 4 stock 10mm nuts to the stock floor studs and the seats come right out to work inside the car.

i see alot of diffrent things guys doing for this, but i want to know all about the diffrent ways. whats better then others, easier to live with and work on the car, whats safer for a car you drive on the street, and for the track only, is there a diffrence in that

like getter rear ended do you want it to move, can a strait tube going into your back hurt you. whats the min size 'plate' you should use to bolt to the kirkey. i see most guy doing this style

simple, strong

these look like they well bend, is that good.

i also have a idea to make the braket so it bolts to a tab on the seat bar. run it under the bar vertial, maybe 2 with the braket between them. but so you remove the seat with the bracket, and just have a tab under the seatbar, that not it the way working on the car. on the back of the seat a plate form alum unsure the size maybe 2x4 or 1 1/2x5 with a round alum 1inc tube off that. for the end weld a tube across for the bolt that gose between the tabs, like that trick bolt hole sleeve idea. would that be legal, i havn't seen anything like that.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best thing to do is find someone with an current SFI book. You don't want to go to the track and have a tech tell you that you can't race because of a seat mount.

That's just my opinion.

Jeff
Old 09-23-2010, 05:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are your shoulder belts attached to the bar by a welded tab or....?

Took me about 30 minutes to fab this up from some .125" sheet aluminum mounted to the welded tab off the bottom of the crossbar. It's simple, adjustable and very sturdy.

Mike
Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by studderin
i also have a idea to make the braket so it bolts to a tab on the seat bar. run it under the bar vertial, maybe 2 with the braket between them. but so you remove the seat with the bracket, and just have a tab under the seatbar
Here is mine. I think its somewhat similar to what you are talking about, but not sure.