Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Near future cam swap but ideas about possibly tickling 10's (346)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Near future cam swap but ideas about possibly tickling 10's (346)?

I'm putting in the RapTr soon when fixing my head gasket woes. I'm going to have the heads milled for clean-up and have my friend work the heads a little more (still stock Patriot work). Got lots of weight to work with and don't plan on changing it up there since it is a street driver. Most things are set but have thought about a bigger/better lid, larger MAF or something. Not many things left for good gains without it being expensive. The 346 cubes kills with a heavy car like I have.

Maybe the new stuff will get me 425 RWHP but that might only be 11.20's.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to pull the motor? If so, you could upgrade to a umi or bmr k member. Just because it's a street driven car doesn't mean you can't take some weight out. Just rips out the back seats, seat belts, all of the easy stuff that is easy to put back in.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:39 AM
11 Second Club

Stripped the interior already once but didn't net what I thought it would... 11.47 to 11.41. So I'm just keeping it there for what I do. Need more power! Later down the road I'm sure going to a 383 would get me there but don't plan that anytime soon.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put a kit on it and call it a day!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

I like NA and it seems kits are kind of costly to do right. Plus you have to add a pump and other stuff just to run a kit. Aren't the stock pistons just Hypers?
Old 09-25-2010, 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Intercooler2
I'm putting in the RapTr soon when fixing my head gasket woes. I'm going to have the heads milled for clean-up and have my friend work the heads a little more (still stock Patriot work). Got lots of weight to work with and don't plan on changing it up there since it is a street driver. Most things are set but have thought about a bigger/better lid, larger MAF or something. Not many things left for good gains without it being expensive. The 346 cubes kills with a heavy car like I have.

Maybe the new stuff will get me 425 RWHP but that might only be 11.20's.
you probably wont hit tens with your power, gonna need more I think. You have a heavy car there....
Old 09-25-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Intercooler2
I like NA and it seems kits are kind of costly to do right. Plus you have to add a pump and other stuff just to run a kit. Aren't the stock pistons just Hypers?
NA is cool but as stated before, you do have a heavy car. If you plan on modding the car more than a cam, most would recommend putting in a fuel pump anyway due to the increased volume of fuel that is required. If you bought a racetronix fuel pump and hot wire kit then you would have enough fuel for heads and cam + a nitrous system for like a 150 shot. If you havent replaced your fuel pump yet, I would do it anyway just because its over 10 years old so its prolly time and youre eventually gonna have to do it anyway due to the mods youre prolly planning on doing. A nitrous kit + a good cam would be a guarantee for a 10 second pass I would think.