Sponsored by:

Racecrafters A arms and travel limiters

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 01:46 PM
JBM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racecrafters A arms and travel limiters

These are pretty streamlined without alot of extra room for mounting tabs. Where are you guys mounting the limiters? Thanks.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the burkhart ones, essentially a similar design. My old travel limiters were on the back side of the rear a arms, the new ones will be on the front of the a arms, on the larger of the 4 bars. Burkhart welded a tab on there for me to use, just have to redo the tab on the body now.

I'd put the tabs on the bigger (front I believe) bar, somewhere in the middle towards the outside (farther out you go with the tab the smaller the increment of change will be)
Old 11-20-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They should come with a tab on the front bar of the arm for your limiters cain to bolt to on the race/rod end arms. And the racecraft travel limiter kit also comes with a angle bracket, on end is for the 1/4-20 bolt for the chain, other was a 3/8, I opened it up and put it on the stock shock bolt. It barley fits under the head but dose. This was on stock arms with the 2 horizontal bolts.
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...t=IMG_5120.jpg

But the better arms like racecrafts have vertical tabs the shock fits between, simpler and lighter, and there should be a tab behind that for the chain. Unless you have a older pair of somthing. If you what to know before mon to call them, PM them on the YB there one there more.