Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is causing this *VIDS*

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys talking about the tire rubbing give urself a pat on the back, cause thats what it is. The inside corner of the tire is rubbing on the fender under WOT... even tho I went to town with the BFH mod. I felt stumped and then started looking if the rear was even centered. It looks like the right rear tire is sticking out more and the left tire is more in maybe off by like a 1/4 or 1/2".. and that explains why the clearance is bad. Guess its time for an adj. PHB.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 WS-sick
nitto's are a ricers way of having "race tires". they look good but not beneficial.

the stock 10 bolt is a total pile of junk, the clutches and springs in the stock posi unit arent strong enough to hold and thus your single tire fire.

go with the 9 inch, its easier and faster to swap gears in the 9 inch...one of the few good things ford has engineered lol
torsen. no springs.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by udienow
you guys talking about the tire rubbing give urself a pat on the back, cause thats what it is. The inside corner of the tire is rubbing on the fender under WOT... even tho I went to town with the BFH mod. I felt stumped and then started looking if the rear was even centered. It looks like the right rear tire is sticking out more and the left tire is more in maybe off by like a 1/4 or 1/2".. and that explains why the clearance is bad. Guess its time for an adj. PHB.
Good to hear thats all it is man.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got it figured out, that's kinda what I figured before I read the posts.

Even though your 335's are no longer smoking inside the fender, they're still going to smoke for the first 60' ft. of track.

Tried the DR thing, total waste of time and energy. Throw an ET drag stiffwall on there and let it eat.