SS wannabe drag car progress!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by camscam02
I already won that one!

Looking good man. It will fly on the bottle. Cant wait to see it
You little doodie head I meant between me and him.

You left coasters don't count you should know that!!!

And ewwwwwwww on slicks too!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Lookin good bro I'm really close to spraying mine too! The race to the 5's is on! LOL
We will both probably go in the 5's on the same day LOL!

I already won that one!

Looking good man. It will fly on the bottle. Cant wait to see it
Thanks for the compliment! I have been admiring your car for quite some time.

You little doodie head I meant between me and him.

You left coasters don't count you should know that!!!

And ewwwwwwww on slicks too!!!!!!!!!!!
No more slick vs radial drama lol!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Got a LS bellhousing from the good people down the street at JW. I'm having the midplate redone to add the extra two bolts at the top of the bellhousing. This way I can bolt the bellhousing to the midplate and when I take the engine out the trans will stay in place.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

I have the same bellhousing!!! Your going to love it!

An idea. Brian Minshall was the former owner of my car before Josh@KY turbo got it and he made access holes in the firewall to get to the holes on the bellhousing so he didn't have to use such a long extension and swivel to get to it.

Something to think about, maybe talk to TRZ about making you an access panel.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

I have the same bellhousing!!! Your going to love it!

An idea. Brian Minshall was the former owner of my car before Josh@KY turbo got it and he made access holes in the firewall to get to the holes on the bellhousing so he didn't have to use such a long extension and swivel to get to it.

Something to think about, maybe talk to TRZ about making you an access panel.
I have been thinking about an access panel in the back of my head because I know with the motorplate I'm not going to be able to tip it back anymore. Plus I would like to be able to have the trans out fast just incase it takes a crap between rounds.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TurboStangJON
I have been thinking about an access panel in the back of my head because I know with the motorplate I'm not going to be able to tip it back anymore. Plus I would like to be able to have the trans out fast just incase it takes a crap between rounds.
Minshall told me he was able to get it out in 15-20 minutes with a floor jack.

I'm not that good or fast, but it does make it easier for sure.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:47 AM
9 Second Club

Just one though, be careful on how big you make the panel on the firewall, because once modified NHRA rules get a little weird, about bars and safety items. Just a thought

and I like the bell housing. Nice piece
Old 04-06-2012, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

Just one though, be careful on how big you make the panel on the firewall, because once modified NHRA rules get a little weird, about bars and safety items. Just a thought

Good idea cam. Might have to rethink that some.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks, I thought about just doing small enough holes in order to get to the bellhousing bolts. Might need to check the rules to see if that would be okay.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks, I thought about just doing small enough holes in order to get to the bellhousing bolts. Might need to check the rules to see if that would be okay.
That is what mine has, holes big enough to get the socket in to take the bolts off.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what do you use to cover the holes?

Any update on that front end noise?

Last edited by studderin; 04-06-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by studderin

It went away! I think I don't have enough weight on the front end in order to get it to make the noise anymore. The spindle doesn't seem loose but I'm going to do the same thing you did with your spindles.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

That is what mine has, holes big enough to get the socket in to take the bolts off.
I might just do the one on the drivers side of the bellhousing (next one up from the bottom) That one seems to be the only one I ever have trouble with because it's squished so close to the firewall. Also, like studderin said what do you use to cover them?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Duct tape of course!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Duct tape of course!
A racers best friend!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

A racers best friend!
You know it! There are only 4 of them and they aren't but slightly bigger than a 15 or 18mm socket I can't remember what the bellhousing bolts are now.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

You know it! There are only 4 of them and they aren't but slightly bigger than a 15 or 18mm socket I can't remember what the bellhousing bolts are now.
I think I'm going to end up doing it anyways. I don't see how in the hell I'm going to get those bolts out once I have a midplate that spaces the bellhousing back .095 further plus a thicker bellhousing.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ya thats one thing, I dont what to have to hassle with going to a motor plate (try to do it without a mid plate for now ) getting to trans bolts. I really like the poly mounts on the BMR stands I have now, it kinds balances the motor really nice, the trans weight saggs it down. And I can easily rock it back to line them back up, but the fast still has room up there before hitting.

Has TRZ dose any setups with welding the midplate right in, or making it removable. But having a tall one that bolts in really solid, not the open top style with just bolts low and of the side so you have the top open. T dosnt see you really tipping it back that little bit before it hit, gaining any room? SO you dont need it to be supported low on the side, so you have that more open, with header,starter,oil pan room.
And doing some work on the tunnel with some nice sealer acces holes, or notched pockets behind the top bolts, with sealed hole/plug? Like a promod style but the trans is still under the car.
Just brain storming
Old 04-07-2012, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

Ya thats one thing, I dont what to have to hassle with going to a motor plate (try to do it without a mid plate for now ) getting to trans bolts. I really like the poly mounts on the BMR stands I have now, it kinds balances the motor really nice, the trans weight saggs it down. And I can easily rock it back to line them back up, but the fast still has room up there before hitting.

Has TRZ dose any setups with welding the midplate right in, or making it removable. But having a tall one that bolts in really solid, not the open top style with just bolts low and of the side so you have the top open. T dosnt see you really tipping it back that little bit before it hit, gaining any room? SO you dont need it to be supported low on the side, so you have that more open, with header,starter,oil pan room.
And doing some work on the tunnel with some nice sealer acces holes, or notched pockets behind the top bolts, with sealed hole/plug? Like a promod style but the trans is still under the car.
Just brain storming
They have done them in a variety of ways from what I have seen at the shop. Most of them are removable and mount to tabs on each side of the framerail or are attached to a bar of some sort. I guess each car is different depending on the application. The idea for mine as of right now is to cut my current dash bar out, reinstall a new one, notch the firewall, and mount the midplate off of that somehow. Another idea or what's been mentioned is to bring a bar off of my front bars in order to help support the midplate. However, I think the rule is that it has to be within 8 inches of of the front bars or where the tube welds to the front bars. This is my current motor plate pictured below that we were going to make work or make fit. However, it's being remade to make the bolt pattern match my new bellhousing so I don't know if it will be redesigned in any other way. As for headers I'm having fender exits made so I'm not really worried about the room. I have been brainstorming a lot but it just makes my head hurt lol. I like the idea of a notched and threaded plug of some sort just incase a fire breaks out. Hopefully that won't happen!

Old 04-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this Tread Good Example of Light weight beasts Expensive Hp Mods ,My point Exactly

Quick Reply: SS wannabe drag car progress!!!!