Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lnc-003 2step with nitrous and tbrake

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default lnc-003 2step with nitrous and tbrake

Was wondering if someone could make up or has a complete diagram so I can wire my nitrous, 2step and t brake. The 2step has a diagram but doesn't show me how to wire my noids.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

contact nitrous outlet, they have a nice diagram they can email you that I used, and works great! Requires running two relays!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

It's very simple

You wire up the 2 step, so when the transbrake button is pressed it turns the 2 step on, much like they're diagram is showing you.
Now for the nitrous, this is easy as well. Have a 2nd relay which has the normally open and closed circuit on it. When the transbrake button is depressed you need it to put power thru the normally open circuit, to close the transbrake solenoid.. and the normally closed circuit, which will open, powers the nitrous solenoids. I actually use a large starter solenoid to put power to the nitrous.. this is powered by the arm switch, which goes thru this same relay, so when the arm switch isn't on, power can't get to the nitorus system. When the transbrake is depressed, it also can't power the nitorus system.

The ground on the large starter solenoid, it remains broken until the WOT microswitch grounds it.. again so if you're not WOT, the starter solenoid can't get power to close therefore your nitrous solenoids don't close.

It will work out just like you want.... 2 step will come on with the tbrake, this will limit/control your launch rpm, and as soon as you let go with your foot on the floor the nitrous will come on and you'll have everything right at the hit (maybe a millisecond of delay for the electricity to move but that's not even measurable)

If you need a delay timer, you can add that in as well so that when the nitrous system sees power it won't turn on until the timer allows it... again done prior to the big starter solenoid closing, which will power the nitrous system.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:08 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You need a 5 wire relay in line with the nitrous that is activated by the 2 step disabling the nitrous from activating. The diagram comes with your 2 step for this as well as the transbreak.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

5 wire = the one with one normally open circuit, and one normally closed circuit.

My bad on the explanation... too used to the n/c and n/o referance with industrial electronic stuff.