Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SETTING UP QA1's

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SETTING UP QA1's

Hey guys just trying to see how you guys are running your suspension, I have worked a deal on car, it has qa1's on all 4 corners, I know there not DA's but there Singles.... It also has drag bags in the rear..... Car is a auto, will be leaving off footbrake, or around 2500 2step! Im going to leave the car as it sits right now, and see how it works, but if I started to have a problem, I was wanting to know were you guys are seeing the best settings at so that I would have some idea to work with when im at the track!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

front 5 rear 7
Old 04-05-2012, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

street driving or drag racing!!!!

Thanks a lot chris, what about rear air bags... just put air in accordingly!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 5-6 on rears and 2 on the front as far as the air bags if you have a drag bar you dont need them if you dont I used to pre load the pass side with about 15 and driver around 5
Old 04-05-2012, 09:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by domestic disturbance
Hey guys just trying to see how you guys are running your suspension, I have worked a deal on car, it has qa1's on all 4 corners, I know there not DA's but there Singles.... It also has drag bags in the rear..... Car is a auto, will be leaving off footbrake, or around 2500 2step! Im going to leave the car as it sits right now, and see how it works, but if I started to have a problem, I was wanting to know were you guys are seeing the best settings at so that I would have some idea to work with when im at the track!
On the fronts I would run them a couple clicks from full loose and the rears I would run them a couple clicks from full stiff. Each car will be a little different depending on the power level and and track conditions. These settings are for the track. For the street I would probably start off right around the middle of the settings on both the front and rear and adjust from there as needed.

The drag bags for the rear are more of a band aid then anything else and you may want to swap them out for a good anti-roll bar in the future if you start having inconsistent launches.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Drag bags are a ricer way of fixing what an anti roll bar is supposed to do.. I would lose them and put a good bar in the car.

Shock settings, I used the R series fronts and 12 way rears, ran the rears on 5 to 7 depending on the track conditions, fronts were at 3 to 4 again depending on track conditions. Had 300 lb springs on the front, stock springs with the isolater removed on the rear, and a wolfe drag bar on the car fwiw.

Quick Reply: SETTING UP QA1's