Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mwc ?

Old 06-14-2012, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mwc ?

1- anyone use their master cylinder kit with valve?

how is the kit and will it rid me of my booster and overall brake better?

anyone with pix can u post up.

2- Anyone using their CM frame connectors and if so how do you like them?

3- I need front and rear bumper supports for a 94 firehawk with 02 firebird end conversion! part numbers please!

thanks all

Last edited by Boosted Firehawk; 06-14-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nobody using these parts
Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first question is better probably for the suspension/braking section

Second question, may get a hit here. Personally I have not viewed any post on that item in here.

Third one good for the Body/Paint or Appearence section
Old 06-15-2012, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

MWC has a good rep. I would say the sfc connectors fit just fine. I personally have the front bumper support but for the Camaro and I love it. Well made great fit.

Give them a call......
Old 06-15-2012, 01:59 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Firehawk
1- anyone use their master cylinder kit with valve?

how is the kit and will it rid me of my booster and overall brake better?

anyone with pix can u post up.

2- Anyone using their CM frame connectors and if so how do you like them?

3- I need front and rear bumper supports for a 94 firehawk with 02 firebird end conversion! part numbers please!

thanks all
Our Strange master cylinder kit will remove the booster. I can't say as it will brake "better"... That is of one's own judgement, but if you are having a hard power brake pedal from low engine vacuum then it would help for sure. Any manual master cylinder setup will have more pedal effort than power assist brakes... that's why they are called "power brakes".

The CM frame connectors are not as popular as our rectangular ones, but they are just as effective. Keep in mind the MWC connectors are a true subframe connector and not bolted to the side of the LCA mount, which is nowhere near the actual rear subframe.

Bumper supports should be no problem. The MWC design is very lightweight at only 4 pounds.

No part numbers needed... just give us a call and we will get you taken care of.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssvert99
Our Strange master cylinder kit will remove the booster. I can't say as it will brake "better"... That is of one's own judgement, but if you are having a hard power brake pedal from low engine vacuum then it would help for sure. Any manual master cylinder setup will have more pedal effort than power assist brakes... that's why they are called "power brakes".

The CM frame connectors are not as popular as our rectangular ones, but they are just as effective. Keep in mind the MWC connectors are a true subframe connector and not bolted to the side of the LCA mount, which is nowhere near the actual rear subframe.

Bumper supports should be no problem. The MWC design is very lightweight at only 4 pounds.

No part numbers needed... just give us a call and we will get you taken care of.

thanks for the reply. SO is the CM one better and lighter than the square tubed one or not? WHy do people NOT want the CM which would be stronger anyhow.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Boosted Firehawk
thanks for the reply. SO is the CM one better and lighter than the square tubed one or not? WHy do people NOT want the CM which would be stronger anyhow.
most of the time its $$$.

Last edited by Outlaw666; 01-06-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I got their manual set-up with Aerospace brakes on all 4 and the pedal feels great! Haven't drove it yet so I can't say from personial experience. Basically everything they build is great. Eric built me a Trans crossmember for my lt1 w/th350 out of aluminum and was a "one off build" and it fit like a glove. IMO he knows his f-body's like a champ. Can't go wrong with anything he makes.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:43 AM
TECH Regular

just my personal experience i put their subframe connectors on my car and now everythime i hit a dip or bump on the road/freeway i get a loud clunk noise, it almost sounds like its flexing my chassis.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bad welds

Search this Thread