Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APE Shop Cars Gets 25.4 Cage

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APE Shop Cars Gets 25.4 Cage

Here is an update from the chassis shop on the APE Shop Camaro.

Our suspension guy is right on time and we should have the car back with plenty of time to have her ready for North/South. We're getting pumped up now, its a good thing too we're gonna need all of that adrenaline to get her buttoned up.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:09 PM
SSU Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont see anything new. ??
Old 04-25-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Leave it to webshots to not update the pics as you upload them.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure why but they are able to be seen here, but the other link isn't working.

pics here
Old 04-27-2004, 06:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope that isnt all the bars you are putting in. The cage looks nice but getting a 25.4 sticker is a pain in the ***. You are going to need a whole lot more bars.

225-343-9029
Old 04-27-2004, 07:05 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice to see everything mounted to the required 6" x 6" plates. Specifically the rear down bars. Other then that it looks like it's coming along quite nicely. Lots of primer required! Good thing none of the APE crew is exceptionally tall. That passenger seat is going to sit a little high!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

Default 25 4

Originally Posted by Nick@AP-Engineering
Here is an update from the chassis shop on the APE Shop Camaro.

Our suspension guy is right on time and we should have the car back with plenty of time to have her ready for North/South. We're getting pumped up now, its a good thing too we're gonna need all of that adrenaline to get her buttoned up.
cant see any picts ,but 25.4 is for a full bodied tube chassis car,is that what you guys are building 25.5 is for a full bobied car stock/modified floor pans with oem frame or uni body construction, like to see picts of this done,also i agree with Madman quite a few bars not there and some that are ,are not in drawing in SFI books for either specs?, hope you keep posting picts as we were getting ready to do one also,we have both new books, i would like to see how you get the rest of the bars in floor,they here a pain in the a** ,good luck bob picts enclosed of 25.4 and 25.5 for people to see so they can see the work you guys are going to have
Attached Thumbnails APE Shop Cars Gets 25.4 Cage-98formula-130.jpg   APE Shop Cars Gets 25.4 Cage-98formula-131.jpg  

Last edited by NRC-Motorsports; 04-27-2004 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:02 AM
8 Second Club

That's what I was inquiring in the other thread, I also thought the car needed to be 25.5 spec. I just got mine done last night, 25.5 spec. According to Madman, all the X bracing on floor is not required if stock floor pans are kept. The rules are kinda tricky, best thing to do is contact your local NHRA chasis cert dude and he'll inform you on how it needs to be done if you're not sure. Cause it will be him who does certify it so it needs to be done the way he interprets it.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rick C5
That's what I was inquiring in the other thread, I also thought the car needed to be 25.5 spec. I just got mine done last night, 25.5 spec. According to Madman, all the X bracing on floor is not required if stock floor pans are kept. The rules are kinda tricky, best thing to do is contact your local NHRA chasis cert dude and he'll inform you on how it needs to be done if you're not sure. Cause it will be him who does certify it so it needs to be done the way he interprets it.
we just did certs sat up here and,one guy didnt have all the floor bars, and our div guy said to get the 25-4 cert the bars have to be there reguardless of floor pans ,so he wound up with a regular cert which,will still allow him to go 7.50 for the next 3 yrs[it gets granfathered in anything certed now,will be good till experation date]

Last edited by NRC-Motorsports; 04-28-2004 at 08:00 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

NRC if you read on page 5 of the 25.5 book it says that on a uni-body car with OEM door hinge pillars, firewall and floors AND OEM rocker panels you are not required to have either right or left floor triangulation bars or center floor X bars.
One advantage of APE doing a convertible is that you can fully weld all the roof area AND keep the cage tucked up tight.

I do know that NHRA inspectors are interpreting the rules instead of reading them word for word. I have Brandon Switzers car from last year and it wouldnt pass. I cut the roof off and started over on about half the cage to get a sticker.

225-343-9029
Old 04-27-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MADMAN
NRC if you read on page 5 of the 25.5 book it says that on a uni-body car with OEM door hinge pillars, firewall and floors AND OEM rocker panels you are not required to have either right or left floor triangulation bars or center floor X bars.
One advantage of APE doing a convertible is that you can fully weld all the roof area AND keep the cage tucked up tight.

I do know that NHRA inspectors are interpreting the rules instead of reading them word for word. I have Brandon Switzers car from last year and it wouldnt pass. I cut the roof off and started over on about half the cage to get a sticker.
yea i know but there saying 25-4 not 25-5,we just had a cert hereand 1 guy tried for a 25-5 but they didnt have,the 6,7,or1 bar in thier car,[it was a mustang ] these cert are going to be a pain till everyone gets on the same page ,but as with anything new there will be a few bumps along the way

Last edited by NRC-Motorsports; 04-28-2004 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:43 PM
8 Second Club

Well it looks good.. i wish i had a drop top when it comes to building a cage.. wow that sure had to be nice!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Thanks guy's! The pic's you are looking at are old, we have been trying to get the new ones up but have been having camera upload problems. We interpted the rules like MADMAN has, no x bracing on the floor. We will see if it cert's in the next week or so. Hope it certs, bob we have the same book as you (SFI), we have been reading it very carefully.

More pic's to come.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:46 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Cool man. post them up when ya can.

Coach

Quick Reply: APE Shop Cars Gets 25.4 Cage