Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front suspension setup

Old 06-26-2014, 02:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front suspension setup

I'm curious how other people's cars' act. When the front suspension is at rest it seems to compress very easy. I can compress the suspension about 2" just by putting my weight on it, but if I extend the shocks they stay extended. I have MWC K-member, control arms, and Strange single adjustable shocks with QA-1 275lb springs. It's not a full weight car and ride height is pretty close to stock. I would like to lower the front end about an inch. I'm worried about the car bottoming out on bumps as it is. How soft is the front suspension on others cars? Should I change to double adjustable to tighten the compression? Or is my car pretty typical of what I should expect with 275lb springs?

Last edited by RobsZ28; 06-26-2014 at 03:17 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:47 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A stiffer compression valve will not affect the ride height at all, it will just control how fast the car can come down when force is applied to it. A double adjustable shock will help with suspension tuning for sure when it comes down to track use or overall street ride quality. I wouldn't worry too much about what the suspension is doing by just pushing and pulling on the body when it's sitting there.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssvert99
A stiffer compression valve will not affect the ride height at all, it will just control how fast the car can come down when force is applied to it. A double adjustable shock will help with suspension tuning for sure when it comes down to track use or overall street ride quality. I wouldn't worry too much about what the suspension is doing by just pushing and pulling on the body when it's sitting there.
Ok thanks, I know the shocks don't affect ride height. I wont worry about it until I get it to the track and do some testing. If the front end drops too fast or doesn't maintain weight transfer I will look at getting double adjustable shocks then.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front suspension setup