Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help picking a street tire

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 12:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help picking a street tire

Last weekend at Steele was the end for my rear tires(Goodyear F1s). I am trying to decide between Nitto 555s (not DRs) and the Dunlop Sp8000s. I am even considering breaking the bank to get some G-Force KDs, but I dont know if they are worth the money. My car is my daily driver, so treadwear is important, but I would also like to improve my 60ft time. I know a lot of you have tried these so any info or opinions would be appreciated. BTW the size will be 275/40/17.

Drew
Old 02-27-2002, 08:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: I need help picking a street tire

treadwear and 60' do not belong in the same sentence. Get some street tires and a set of wheels/tires for the track.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:19 AM
Teching In

That would be preferrable, but there is a good reason for me not doing that. I am a college student and my pockets arent that deep right now. I know a lot of people on this board have two or three cars and a good job(something I look forward to), but on $6.10/hr part time, it just isnt going to happen like that right now. I am going to buy tires with money that I get from selling a set of ZR1 wheels. Even if I was going to buy separate tires for the track, I still what to know what street tires some of you suggest.
Old 03-04-2002, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i had good luck with the kumho ecsta supra's. they sucked on the street when they were cold, but respond well to heat. i cut a 2.04 60' on them. and there fairly cheap as well
Old 03-05-2002, 08:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the Nitto's on the fron tof my car.. they seem to be wearing very well. I run the 315 DR on the rear. The DR are hard to beat for all around performance and I have got about 14,000 miles out of my current set. Also, look at cost. The DR are a little cheaper than you average performance tire...