Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street/drag car wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Street/drag car wiring

i know lots have done it but i was looking to re wire my whole car and ditch everything not needed. ive seen most guys hand wire it all, but i want to buy a painless kit. anyone ever done it. my car has everything but egr AC and a few misc things. i basically want my factory wiring gone because it has a short somewhere and it does weird stuff and i dont want to trace a short for weeks when i could do an entire re wire in a week or two.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What weird stuff?
Take your factory harness out and remove what you don't need. Maybe that might eliminate your short.
I would do that before I bought a painless kit.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

I bought a setup from Racewire solutions. I haven't gotten it yet but have heard nothing but good things. I should have it in a few weeks.
http://www.racewiresolutions.com/

My car sat in a field for a few years so I had tons of wiring issues. I learned a lot about the electrical system figuring out all the shorts but got sick of it.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_ws6_m6
i bought a setup from racewire solutions. I haven't gotten it yet but have heard nothing but good things. I should have it in a few weeks.
http://www.racewiresolutions.com/

my car sat in a field for a few years so i had tons of wiring issues. I learned a lot about the electrical system figuring out all the shorts but got sick of it.
how much did that set you back? And did you get it for a mostly stock car minus the stupid stuff? and by stock i mean all factory controls like bcm and other crap like that
Old 04-22-2016, 02:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

Mine isn't set up for street. It has roll cage switch panel for ignition etc. more expensive than what you're looking for I would think. Just give him a call. His name is Brian. He's a good guy. He'll get you a quote out right away for exactly what you would want. He has the form online to fill out but he will help you with that too if needed.

Quick Reply: Street/drag car wiring