Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best ABS delete option?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:10 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best ABS delete option?

I'm am attempting to bleed my brakes and having a little trouble. They work,. but maybe only 80% as good as they should after bleeding them 3 times. I think there might be air in the ABS unit that I just can't get out by trying to bleed it without the special tool the dealers use. I'm not going to pay anyone to do this. My LT1 12 bolt does not support ABS anyway.

Is the Billingsley the BEST way to go for this? $150 seems steep for something like that, but then again I'm not screwing around with something as serious as brakes. Especially with no ebrake and no chute(yet). I searched and saw other solutions that were possibly not 100% correct. I'm not taking any chances on brakes. So, any option besides the Billingsley unit? I sure would like something that would allow me to locate it completely out of the way of the motor/plug wires/etc.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm curious as well. I'd like to know the neatest, lightest and cheapest way.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bend your self some lines and the t them where need be. Or get that block that billingsly sales but it does not make very much more room over there.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

I have the Billingsley manual brake and ABS delete kits and they have worked out well and helped clean up the motor. The brake booster is much smaller than stock.