Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with tying in an ARC 8000R to Body Harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 02:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with tying in an ARC 8000R to Body Harness

Hey guys, hopefully this is a good section to post this thread. As many of you may have seen in another post of mine, the build has gone a bit further than expected this winter, but I am happy about that. Part of the process is adding bars to 8.50 cert my cage and deleting my factory column and installing a race column. To solve my ignition and key getting tossed I picked up an ARC 8000R from a buddy. It included the switch panel, ribbon cable, and relay board.

I plan to leave as much of the factory body harness/BCM controls functioning as possible. Not too concerned with blinkers/hazards for now and windshield wipers and cruise control are gone. I have 8 switches on the switch panel, one momentary on my shifter and one momentary on my steering wheel for now. Plan to use shifter as line lock and wheel as trans brake. Wiring two step in from Lingenfelter box in with trans brake button. Currently (well previously now) I had a nitrous outlet 4 switch panel to control my bottle heater, arm button, purge, and remote opener. I am no longer using my opener so I can delete that circuit. I am going to use 3 switches on my ARC for the arm, purge, and heater functions. That's easy enough, the trigger wires from the switch panel I was using before will just be re-routed to the relay board on the ARC setup. Done with that.

I also swapped a th400 in and plan on mounting my trans cooler out back with a small fan, so I'll be wiring the fan through the ARC panel as well. That's 3,4,5,6 switches taken on the panel. 7th switch on the panel will be for my dedicated fuel system fuel pump.

Switch 1 and 2 on the panel are for starter and ignition. My question here for you wiring gurus is this:

When wiring in the ignition and starter, can someone give me a guide? I am wondering if I take the trigger wire from the relay board of the ARC coming from each relay corresponding to the starter and ignition switch and then terminate that in with the proper wires from the harness at the column, (once VATS is deleted with HP tuners) will everything else function as normal? For example will the fuel pump prime once I turn the ignition on at the ARC panel? Is this the best way of doing this? I understand wiring and simple circuits I can do, but I'm no professional...more novice at best.

Thanks!