Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with spindles and brake bracket for drag brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Problem with spindles and brake bracket for drag brakes

I bought a brand new set of drop spindles for my race car set up for strange brakes. I got it all installed at the end of the season but for some reason one side was dragging. I took it to a shop the other day since I couldn't get it figured out. They told me that the brake caliper bracket mounting location was not lined up correctly and it is making the caliper mounting bracket **** to the side with no way to fix it with shims.

The shop suggested I get the mounting point cut off and welded back on in the correct position or machine the face at an angle so that it makes the bracket line up.

What would you do?
Old 04-15-2018, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whose spindles? Call them.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joeZ96
Whose spindles? Call them.
I left them a message on Thrusday. Hopefully they will get back to me by Monday.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update? I just put Racecraft spindles on my 02 with Strange brakes... was in between Racecraft and Burkhart but Racecraft had them in stock, so I figured I'd go with the parts that had no wait time.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:08 AM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by allblackedout5
Any update? I just put Racecraft spindles on my 02 with Strange brakes... was in between Racecraft and Burkhart but Racecraft had them in stock, so I figured I'd go with the parts that had no wait time.
I got the burkhart ones myself. They're pretty good. I only had to shim the caliper back about .030 to get it centered on the rotor. Only thing I had go wrong was I forgot to loctite the caliper mount bolt and it backed out, resulting in a ruined rotor.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
I got the burkhart ones myself. They're pretty good. I only had to shim the caliper back about .030 to get it centered on the rotor. Only thing I had go wrong was I forgot to loctite the caliper mount bolt and it backed out, resulting in a ruined rotor.
Thanks for the info... thinking about it now I can't remember if I locktited mine or not... Have to zip them out one at a time and toss some on.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Burkhart's as well. No issues. I liked Racecraft's as well but I wanted stock height (I can slam it plenty with coil overs) and I don't mind waiting for the part I want.