Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad experience at dragway 42 again

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad experience at dragway 42 again

Well went to 42 again after i swore i wouldnt go back and it was horrible. It was a tnt night with box racing i was there for 5-6 hrs and only got in 3 passes. The mangement sucks there very disorganized and. Slow dont get me wrong the new track was nice and prepped very good but it wasnt worth my $20 to sit 2 hrs between runs. There was alot of unhappy people there i wont b going back
Old 07-30-2018, 01:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TNT at the track I go to (Edgewater) is the same. They will run the bracket cars two and three times in a row which makes everyone else there sit and wait. I won't pay for another TNT night, there at least, I get more runs on their actual race days and just pack up my car when the class racing starts.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

One of my local tracks has decided on TNT nights that they need to copy Street Outlaws and have a top 10 list. They have to stream it live on Facebook and copy any and everything Street Outlaws.
So any car not on that list has to sit there and will get two runs the whole night. So I’m done with that track.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jhshnh
One of my local tracks has decided on TNT nights that they need to copy Street Outlaws and have a top 10 list. They have to stream it live on Facebook and copy any and everything Street Outlaws.
So any car not on that list has to sit there and will get two runs the whole night. So I’m done with that track.
seriously? what a joke its tnt if they want a list race they should designate a day for it. I hope they are getting plenty of back lash for that decision.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Yes. Unfortunately I am not joking. They are actually doing this on tnt nights. I don’t know about a big backlash, but I do know several people that stopped going there.

It makes no sense to pay to run a tnt and get two runs in because a few morons are trying to get famous for copying a tv show.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're really going to complain about getting three runs after 42 was closed for several years? Even the old track could get that busy. Be glad the track is attracting a good number of racers and the owners have half a chance to make good on their investment. ...and if you don't like it you can always drive to Summit, Thompson or Trails...so quit your bitching, you have other options.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Cecil County Dragway is doing that top 10 list too....I don't do Friday nights anyway

https://www.dragzine.com/news/cecil-...-car-shootout/
Old 08-09-2018, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wait time

the tracks i go to are the same on a race day, 1 1/2-2 hrs,but on street nights you can get one run right after another, lucky the tracks can even stay open.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$20 is cheap, our local track is $45 and you still may only get 3 passes due to a million 15 second imports always showing up.. You dont have it that bad, how about you get a application and help them out getting track organized.. Blame Street Outlaws, ever since that show aired the sport has blown up and thats a good thing imo
Old 08-09-2018, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

wow our local rwyb race night I've gotten a run every few minutes... It gets busy in peak summer weeks but we have 2 nights a week all summer..
Old 08-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes im going to bitch because when i use to gonto 42 u could get as many runs as you wanted pretty much. Now they dont even cater to there tnt guys its like they got your money thanks for watching. Ill go to qauker were i can get 10 runs if i want to. And were there staff is more organized.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

2 runs on a TNT night.....
Old 11-06-2018, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

"a few morons are trying to get famous for copying a tv show."..... That's covered up in morons.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

The last TNT we went to at our local track we only got 2 passes. Totally sucks. After 2, two hour oil downs they decide they are going have a race for guys that want to put up a hundred. They stopped the guys that just wanted to TNT for this then the motorcycles decided they wanted to do it too. We sat over 4 hours. This crap is running off all the guys that have always gone to the track, to cater to the fly by night wanna be street outlaws. We will see what happens after this flash in the pan goes away. I love the fact that more people are coming out to the track to keep them open. There really wasn't that many people there. If that was the case I wouldn't even say anything. So there was no reason at all to do this. They could have still kept running test and tune at the same time. Half the guys that raced in this had never even been to the track before. (I had plenty of time so I asked while sitting in the lanes.) and they looked like they were in daddy's or mommy's car. So they most likely won't even be back anyway. Seems like it could be pretty simple to keep things rolling as a whole if they would just keep racing. Is it that hard to keep track of? Lol. I think not.

Quick Reply: Bad experience at dragway 42 again