Sponsored by:

Need help guys

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help guys

Hey everyone!

Took the 98Z to the track with our local club and boy was I dissapointed. For some reason I am running 3 to 4 tenths slower then cars with the same mods as I do. I know I need some sticky tires to get her down the track and that will help but for some reason she is just falling on her face and dont know why yet. Below is a list of my mods and times. Granted the temp was about 90 with humidity in the 75-80% range. Just looking to put the car in the high 12's, low 13's. Car is a cruiser for the street and tot the local shows but would love to blow the carbon and cobwebs out of it every once in a while. One question would be getting rid of the flowmaster setup and putting a magnaflow catback setup? Any suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated.

98Z A4
76K miles
stock block, heads, cam, manifolds and cats
LS1 Whisper Lid
K&N filter
Free ram air mod
TB by pass
MSD wires and NGK plugs
Flowmaster catback system

Future mods include midlength or LT headers with off road Y (no emissions here), Shaner S2 or S3 TB, BFG drag radial and pro star wheels.

Times
14.219@96 mph, 2.12 60ft, .092 RT
14.342@97 mph, 2.19 60ft. .001 RT
Old 08-02-2004, 09:43 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blowmaster is crap, you'd be better off with a cutout even.

sounds like the weather wasn't so great, that never helps.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone was running about 3 tenths slower then they normally do because of the heat, humidity, and the bad track conditions, but i still should have been in the 13.9-14 flat range at least. I have heard people not liking the flowmaster ont he car for performance but it was ont here when I bought it, so that may be my first mod to be taken care of.