Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody make a drag/street style front swaybar?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody make a drag/street style front swaybar?

I know for mustangs Steeda makes a thinner swaybar for better weight transfer than the stock one, but allows the car to still have some handling. You'll probable say just take it off for the track, but I don't ever drag race, I'm looking for better weight transfer for the street.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: anybody make a drag/street style front swaybar?

I have a 94 V6 camaro stock with the sway bar on. I have a 2000 Z28 with it removed. I cant tell the difference. I honestly would just remove it if you want to try to hook up on the street.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I E-Mailed BMR about something like that a couple weeks ago, I also mentioned the Steeda front sway bar for the Mustangs. They said they dont make their sway bars, somebody else does and they couldnt do it lighter. I asked if they could do it with chromoly and make it hollow, so it would be stiff and still handle but also be lighter, they said they cant bend hollow bars.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Maybe I should send a email to other suspension companies? If Steeda can make one for a stang than someone certainly can make one for a F-body. Aren't some swabar bars hollow? I believe the Steeda one is just thinner than stock and not hollow? I have a 89 5.0 stang and I can just about getting anything for that car I want. Gm part companies should should have available a lot more performance parts.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They handle ok with it removed, IMO. If that's not good enough, just leave it as is. You're not serious about weight transfer enough to need it. Many folks still get fine results with the swaybar intact. I pulled 1.61 on drag radials, with stock gearing, at stock weight, and with an internally stock engine with the stock swaybar intact.

Point being, if you're serious enough to go fiddling with the front swaybar then you may as well just remove it, IMO.