Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to get some real tires rims/skinnys what size's to look for??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get some real tires rims/skinnys what size's to look for??

First off I don't know a thing about tire/rim size and what is going to fit and what is not beyond the stock wheels and tires.

I what to look around on ebay and different places for a good set of drag wheels that are middle of the road and that will fit nice without any pounding or grinding of the calipers. Would like a wheel I can upgrade to a full slick in the future.

Tires, I don't think I am ready for a full slick, till I get a car trailer. Something I can get to the track pull them out the back and put them on I don't what to have to extend my Studs just yet either so I can still run a stock tire when I drive it down to Dairy Queen.....

Have searched the tires and wheels until my finger where sore, everybody runs everything so different. My goal is a 1.5 60 and to be able to spray out of the hole.

Thanks for your time and replies..
Old 05-17-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well depends on what you want, a 275/50 or a 275/60 drag radial will do good if you have some suspension work, really depends on the local tracks prep. As far as wheels the above tires will both work and a 15x8 or a 15x10, from what I have read the 15x8.5 Convo Pro will clear the calipers and look good...wheels are like anything else, the more bling the more $, do a search for "drag setups" and see what ya get.

David
Old 05-17-2005, 03:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On a 15x8 wheel how much backspacing do I require...4? The 275/60/15 tire looks to be up my alley for right now.

What would be the advantages of a 15x10 wheel and would it require some massaging of the inner wall? I have adjustabe LCA's from what I hear I could go with a bigger tire...
Old 05-17-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by speedo
On a 15x8 wheel how much backspacing do I require...4? The 275/60/15 tire looks to be up my alley for right now.

What would be the advantages of a 15x10 wheel and would it require some massaging of the inner wall? I have adjustabe LCA's from what I hear I could go with a bigger tire...
On the Convo Pro all that is offered that will work is 5 inch BS (I think).

You can do a search on a 15x10 you need 6.5 inches of BS, I am not sure. Adjustable lowers will not allow a larger tire, if you have a smaller diameter lower control arm it may help with clearance, I have billet heim ended lowers and stacked my spacers so the control arm is all the way to the inside.

A 15x10 wheel will allow a bigger tire "footprint" for more hook and better handling.

Most all the wheels offered except the Convo Pro will require caliper grinding to clear.

David
Old 05-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Retired Street Racer

7.5in BS for 15x10's