Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the fastest rod bolts, rings, and bearings car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 11:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-11-2005, 04:44 AM
Restricted User

Holy **** Todd, bored you are, but so wrong with all this bullshit. Stock Internal, the bottom nothing being touched, not even swapping to an LS6 oil pump, not a cam, not bearings....WTF part of Stock dont people understand? I goes without saying that if someone swaps cams, the springs change, and on and on as mentioned. There needent be any deviation, or else as stated up a couple, that line will be contorted to the next fastest persons needs. I believe you could get looser with the rings, vehicle dependent, my Z doesnt burn a qt x 2k miles, so I could loosen that up with some lower tension rings (if there made) and have the benefit of reduced frictional lose or have a pube more power. Same with bearings, not only loosen them up, but coat them to why your at it, **** STOCK internals right? Both rings and bearings CAN add power, and I know most of you realize this, if not ask Joe Sherman or other top engine builders. Chirst, kids playing my cars on "X" list yada yada.

Charlie
Old 06-11-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Junkie

If the rod bolt doesn't give up the goat, it's good enough.

The correct ring package will make more power than an incorrect ring package. People spend hundreds of dollars, sometimes even thousands on a custom ring set for their engines.

Narrowed bearings also make more power than stock-sized bearings.

This is all race-engine stuff. Don't have this done on your 500HP 408.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Even if ARP's were allowed SUX STILL wouldn't be stock internal's. He's got a '98 cam and 241 heads. That's a combo that never left the factory.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

sux2bu might as well give up and start over. cause you guys aren't going to give him any credit at all, lol.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mongse
I have the fastest non running car.
i take that challange. i will even spot you out. what you gonna need?
Old 06-13-2005, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

IMO rod bolts should be allowed in "cam only" cars. We allow springs, pushrods, retainers, locks, seats, chains, oil pumps....what do all of these things have in common? They make it safer to make/use the power. All rod bolts do is make it safer to spin high rpm. Sure you can go 7k on the stock bottom end, but it will end up letting go. Might as well put the rod bolts in there. If people don't want to count it for "cam only" then advertise it as "stock heads" or say f*ck 'em.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Veteran

WOW, all i can say. i must have missed this other thread yall talkin about but this is getting blown way out of proportion, i think it should be more off a accepted rule like moving internal parts that change hp IMO, if you use stock replacement bearings and arp rod bolts you have not done jack crap to increase performance. rings can give a performance gain but were talkin under 10hp, here on a si motor. i have intentions of refreshing my block one of these days with 100% factory rotating stuff but if the block needs a line bore than i garuntee ill be puting main bolts and i just assune put rod bolts in. ill still have stock rings and bearings. and for all the slack yall giving out on this guys combo about 241 heads and a 98 cam, the current record car isnt even a ls1 body right? whats the biggy. his car is haulin the mail. if yall wanna get that technical than i still have the cam only record cause i have a stock oil pump and timing chain, i gauruntee the others dont