Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for people with the hawker odyssey batteries.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for people with the hawker odyssey batteries.

i want to order the hawker pc680 battery but i was wanderin if i will have to buy any accessories along with it to make it work, like SAE posts? do i need them, and do i need to buy a hold down or is it pretty easy to fab something? thanks!
Old 07-11-2005, 12:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Okie02
i want to order the hawker pc680 battery but i was wanderin if i will have to buy any accessories along with it to make it work, like SAE posts? do i need them, and do i need to buy a hold down or is it pretty easy to fab something? thanks!
You can fab a hold down easily. Use a 2" wide strip of thin Stainless Steel or Aluminum piece of metal.

You do not need to buy any accessoried to make the battery work. My battery cam with Allen screws for the posts. It is a good idea to remove the red and black rubber pieces from the original cabling. We only had to remove the rubber from the negative side.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks alot
Old 07-11-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also do any sponsors sell these?
Old 07-12-2005, 06:28 AM
10 Second Club

The cheapest place to get them is gotbatteries.com. I got the SAE post for mine so I could easily use the stock terminals. Also made up an aluminium hold down and I put alittle double sided tape on the tray to keep it from vibrating around (also our techs get alittle worried if your battery wiggles the slightest bit).

Old 07-12-2005, 06:45 AM
TECH Junkie

I run the pc925 and was able to turn it sideways in the stock location and still wedge the factory hold down against it. As a precaution I added a metal strap over the top for a little extra insurance. For the leads I just pulled off the stock rubber boots as Bad2000ss did.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Okie02
i want to order the hawker pc680 battery but i was wanderin if i will have to buy any accessories along with it to make it work, like SAE posts? thanks!
Yeah, you still need a regular battery for every day use! I put mine in the day before I go to the track, and take it back out the day after.

The Hawker is a great track battery, but will not stand up to every day type use - it will not take much to drain it - car alarm, cold morning, etc.

Al
Old 07-12-2005, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

I have a pc535 that I use every day, but I'm turning 25% fewer cylinders.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:27 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
The cheapest place to get them is gotbatteries.com. I got the SAE post for mine so I could easily use the stock terminals. Also made up an aluminium hold down and I put alittle double sided tape on the tray to keep it from vibrating around (also our techs get alittle worried if your battery wiggles the slightest bit).

That looks a lot like the way I have mine set up in my '02. Did not need to remove the stock rubber boots from the cables. I also bent a piece of aluminum stock that looks much like his holddown.

Quick Reply: Question for people with the hawker odyssey batteries.