Sponsored by:

1/4 Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 Question

Hi all,
Last October when I had first got my 95 Firehawk I took it to the track and was a little unhappy with my times. I had run consistent mid to high 13's all night. Now the tempature was in the high 40's or low 50's and it had rained a little earlier, but the track seemed like it had dried out, so it wasn't the best conditions. The car was stock except for the SLP options. I was also new to launching a RWD car that had a good amount of torque, so I know a good bit of it was driver error and just getting used to it. The car wasn't hooking up til high in second or shifting to third. My stock 275/40/17 Firestone Firehawks were pretty bad, not much tread at all. I figure I could have gotten into the low 13's when I got better at launching and got a new set of tires (this is my daily driver so I don't want to run slicks or anything too crazy). Now to get to my question, I installed Jet-Hot headers and the off road y-pipe and nice set of Yokohama's which have tread and are a good bit stickier. The options that came with the car were the hurst short throw shifter, ram air, and SLP 2OTL cat back. The car supposedly had 315hp stock. I'm just curious to see what people with a setup like mine are running or what you guys think the 1/4 mile time would be now, with a good launch and all that. Also, any guesses on what RWHP should be? Thanks for the help!