Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rent me your car in Orlando $2500/one day

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rent me your car in Orlando $2500/one day

I am taking a group of managers to Orlando next week and we want to do some racing. We can rent the track for a day, but we need a car or two and someone willing to give instruction to a group of 11 of us. # of runs and price is negotiable, and depends on the car.
Anything that can run a 12 flat or less would be enough for us.
Anyone interested?

ps: If we get the track rental, it is for 5 cars, and we will have at most 2, so I will re-post to see if anyone would like to join us for a small contribution.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You should post this in the Florida section for the locals.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Teching In

done, thanks
Old 09-01-2005, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Dang

I'd be more than happy to rent you my car and myself, but I'm in Michigan.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by drmotorhead
I am taking a group of managers to Orlando next week and we want to do some racing. We can rent the track for a day, but we need a car or two and someone willing to give instruction to a group of 11 of us. # of runs and price is negotiable, and depends on the car.
Anything that can run a 12 flat or less would be enough for us.
Anyone interested?

ps: If we get the track rental, it is for 5 cars, and we will have at most 2, so I will re-post to see if anyone would like to join us for a small contribution.

Thanks!

how about NO.. double hell no. goodluck finding someone willing to do that unless there just retarded or very broke.. no offense buddy, but u and ur group of 11 cant just hop behind the wheel of a 12 flat car adn maybe not possible blow the tires off, **** up the clutch, break the rearend, put the car into the wall.. how would u know how to set some of these faster cars up..

and i know nobody is dumb enuff to put a rookie behind the wheel of there 9-10 second ride.... atleast i hope not

are u willing to cover any and every bit of damage you do.. a lot of these cars break quite often at the track.. and things can get expensive... what if the transmission or the famous 10 bolt goes out? what if one of those guys gets a bit of a big ego and tries to outdo another one, or somehow ******* around does something stupid

i tell you what.. go to a go cart track adn have it out how about that?
Old 09-02-2005, 05:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
how about NO.. double hell no. goodluck finding someone willing to do that unless there just retarded or very broke.. no offense buddy, but u and ur group of 11 cant just hop behind the wheel of a 12 flat car adn maybe not possible blow the tires off, **** up the clutch, break the rearend, put the car into the wall.. how would u know how to set some of these faster cars up..

and i know nobody is dumb enuff to put a rookie behind the wheel of there 9-10 second ride.... atleast i hope not

are u willing to cover any and every bit of damage you do.. a lot of these cars break quite often at the track.. and things can get expensive... what if the transmission or the famous 10 bolt goes out? what if one of those guys gets a bit of a big ego and tries to outdo another one, or somehow ******* around does something stupid

i tell you what.. go to a go cart track adn have it out how about that?
I second that...

1. i dont think anyone that is SMART will let you drag there car.

2. If there car goes 12's there is some money in the car and they arent going risk you wrecking it.

3. a noob getting behind of a fast car....thats a no brainer NO!

4. a 12 second are is faster then you think.

5. the owner prob likes his car more then that to let a noob drive it. hell most people on LS1 Tech wont even let Girl Friends or Wifes drive their car...

Last edited by Nine Ball; 09-02-2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:49 AM
11 Second Club

Umm, I've been driving 12 second cars for the last 10 years, the last one was a fwd. They are not that big of a deal to drive. I was a noob with my Omni running 12s, I never considered it that fast and I never had a problem driving it.

Originally Posted by Roush
I second that...

1. i dont think anyone that is SMART will let you drag there car.

2. If there car goes 12's there is some money in the car and they arent going risk you wrecking it.

3. a noob getting behind of a fast car....thats a no brainer NO!

4. a 12 second are is faster then you think.

5. the owner prob likes his car more then that to let a noob drive it. hell most people on LS1 Tech wont even let Girl Friends or Wifes drive their car...

and not to mention that you are a ******* RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW
Old 09-02-2005, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by transam1998
Umm, I've been driving 12 second cars for the last 10 years, the last one was a fwd. They are not that big of a deal to drive. I was a noob with my Omni running 12s, I never considered it that fast and I never had a problem driving it.

Then you let him rent your ******* car....
Old 09-02-2005, 08:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

You guys grow up. Its just an OFFER, and if you don't like the offer then keep your comments to yourself.

I'd consider renting a 12-sec car and giving instructions for $2500, or on a per-pass basis. That would only be if I had a stab-n-steer automatic that ran consistent and without drama though. I'd also make sure that the company renting the car had a cashier's check made payable to me for the value of the car, just in case one of them put it into a wall.

would I let a stranger drive a 10-second car? Hell no. 12s? Sure. Thats slow
Old 09-02-2005, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
You guys grow up. Its just an OFFER, and if you don't like the offer then keep your comments to yourself.

I'd consider renting a 12-sec car and giving instructions for $2500, or on a per-pass basis. That would only be if I had a stab-n-steer automatic that ran consistent and without drama though. I'd also make sure that the company renting the car had a cashier's check made payable to me for the value of the car, just in case one of them put it into a wall.

would I let a stranger drive a 10-second car? Hell no. 12s? Sure. Thats slow
I wouldnt mind renting a car for $2500 on a per-pass basis...if thats what the car was built for... i dont think anyone one this site has a car that they built to rent out.

the cashier's check is a must

and yes 12 is slow
Old 09-02-2005, 10:13 AM
8 Second Club

Hell I let my wife drag my car. I would damn sure pull a bunch of timing and let them run my car on motor and drag radials for that money. at those power levels it would run all day and not miss a beat. Wish I lived closer I would take them up on it.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Roush
Then you let him rent your ******* car....
Whoa, such hostility! Let's calm down and have a beer

I would let him rent my ******* slow 12 second street car and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Heck, they couldn't abuse it any worse than I do But I live in Michigan. Too bad.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:29 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd slow my car down to high 10s/mid 11s and let people drive it for 200.00 a pass. I beat the **** out of it for almost free every weekend LOL. Heck, after 100 passes you could keep the thing
Old 09-03-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, id rent out a auto 12 sec car if they had a cashiers check like tony said. a stock converter 12 sec car feels like a pig last time i drove one, at a track you probalby wont even break the tires loose if you tell them to launch off idle on drag radials. like kp said, 100 passes and you have a car that has paid for itself
Old 09-04-2005, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
yep, id rent out a auto 12 sec car if they had a cashiers check like tony said. a stock converter 12 sec car feels like a pig last time i drove one, at a track you probalby wont even break the tires loose if you tell them to launch off idle on drag radials. like kp said, 100 passes and you have a car that has paid for itself

Hmm, you guys are giving me ideas
Old 09-05-2005, 06:24 PM
12 Second Club

All cars have the little things the owner watches when drag racing. My 02 doesn't run low 12's, but does mid 12's and always goes straight from a launch as long as the tires are smoking hot. Any wheel hop and anything can happen. I don't think I would do it. If I was really wanting someone else to pay for a new Moser then maybe. You get some dumb ***** and I can't comment on these set of people since I don't know them. But my friends could take my car down a track(least the ones I trust). My wife would need a class on doing a burnout and staging and sure she would easily handle it. Really the only problem is in the first 60' foot, after that it is like normal driving at least in a automatic.