Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter 1 3/4 to Kooks 1 7/8 results on a SI car.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 06:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pacesetter 1 3/4 to Kooks 1 7/8 results on a SI car.

Posted this in the External section but thought you guys might be interested too.
Well i threw the headers on today. dynoed it a couple times, swapped out and dynoed a couple more times. The results were pretty much the same. printed it in MPH instead of rpm cause it looks more like a normal graph.
It sounds a hair quieter at idle and a hair louder while driving, but it also sopunds a little deeper. I'm happy. Next up is to throw the dinosaur in it.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So which one is the Kooks, green or blue?
That graph looks nothing like a normal graph...its too smooth and flat. That looks like a KB Cobra Graph or something.

Looks like the larger tubes arent any help on a smaller discplacement "stock" setup, which would figure. I may be able to get a dyno with Kooks 1 7/8" then swapped out for Vic Jr Race Series Headers...not the same day, but the weather should be pretty stable, go figure in Hawaii..
Old 04-11-2006, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
So which one is the Kooks, green or blue?
That graph looks nothing like a normal graph...its too smooth and flat. That looks like a KB Cobra Graph or something.

Looks like the larger tubes arent any help on a smaller discplacement "stock" setup, which would figure. I may be able to get a dyno with Kooks 1 7/8" then swapped out for Vic Jr Race Series Headers...not the same day, but the weather should be pretty stable, go figure in Hawaii..
Blue is 1 3/4 and green is 1 7/8 (check out the time of the run).
So your going from 1 7/8" to 1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8"?
Old 04-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Restricted User

Yep. Tired of the primaries laying on the steering shaft, and banging on the floorboard. After looking at all the other Kooks headers on here and on island, even a set of 1 7/8-2" stepped, I know mine are some kind of freak fitment issue pair. So, trading off the Kooks for a set of Vic's stepped race headers. Looks like I may not lose as much as I originally thought after seeing your dynograph...but I'll try and dyno b4 and after.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

doesnt surprise me on a si motor.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Banned

Kooks 1 7/8" F-Body headers are way too big for a SI motor. That is why the power is not there. Put on the 1 3/4" you'll see a difference.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Restricted User

Actually its pretty good they made the same power if you think about it.... Selling point being, get the 1 7/8" headers as SI, and you can grow into them w/o losing any over the 1 3/4".

TTPMatt, read the post again, he dyno'd both sizes of header and the Kooks didnt sacrifice any, or in reply to your post, no he didnt pick up anything with the smaller headers! Thats great news for those wanting headers now and still want to mod later, they go larger and not be losing out.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
Actually its pretty good they made the same power if you think about it.... Selling point being, get the 1 7/8" headers as SI, and you can grow into them w/o losing any over the 1 3/4".

TTPMatt, read the post again, he dyno'd both sizes of header and the Kooks didnt sacrifice any, or in reply to your post, no he didnt pick up anything with the smaller headers! Thats great news for those wanting headers now and still want to mod later, they go larger and not be losing out.
Yeah, what he said.