Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the best suspension set-up for the 1/4 mile?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Whats the best suspension set-up for the 1/4 mile?

My car is making decent power, so I want to turn my attention to the suspension. What is supposed to be the best set-up for the 1/4 mile? I want all of it, because its getting completely redone. Any ideas?
Old 04-12-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adjustable lower control arms, adjustable tunnel mount torque arm, relocation brackets, adjustable panhard bar, subframe connectors, qa1 all around, should be about right !
Old 04-13-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best suspension set up is the one that Maximizes the power you are putting out and getting it to the ground. There are still other variables, track conditions, tires, DA.

I would first pull as much weight out of the car as you can live without. Then some adjustable shocks and springs for the front. With an M6 I would get a TQ arm that is not mounted to the trans plus get some LCAs, lighter the better!! You probably will want an Adj PHR sometime and they are not that expensive.

Go from there, figure out the attitude of the car before slapping a bunch of heavy parts on it. ie the SFC, everyone says they are a must but I disagree, but they do have their place.