Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys that have removed hvac box and the ducts from behind the dash....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys that have removed hvac box and the ducts from behind the dash....

Is it just me, or is there nothing to bolt the bottom pieces of the dash to on the passenger side now? I just got the Z back from the chassis shop tonight and got crackin on puttin the dash back in, so it's possible that by the time I got to that stuff, it may just be that i'm so tired i'm overlooking something, but it looks like there is nowhere to bolt the bottom pieces that hide the wiring too, also nowhere to clip the wiring harness on the passenger side. If there is nothing, should I just zip tie the harness to the metal piece goin across the dash and leave the bottom open? Thanks for any help, i'm goin to sleep, i'm freakin beat and have work at 8am and then after work, back to finishing up the car, gotta have her done before I leave town monday and I got her back a week later than I was supposed too, so now everything is a rush!
Old 04-15-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you take off that bar that runs from the passenger side to the steering colum?
Old 04-15-2006, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
did you take off that bar that runs from the passenger side to the steering colum?
If ur talking about the metal bracket that runs across the dash from side to side and braces it, no, that has most of the dash mounting points to keep it sturdy. I have the dash mounted to that, what I can't find how to mount now is the other pieces that mount on the bottom of the dash that cover up where the wiring is and also, there's no back to the glove box now.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

That metal that runs from side to side is all I got on mine. that is the heavy part and thought I would try to fab up something lighter but got other issues more pressing.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:55 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah I think on the passenger side you lose the one last piece that covers the bottom. I haven't tried to put mine back but I'm sure with some zip ties you could work something out.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tektrans
Yeah I think on the passenger side you lose the one last piece that covers the bottom. I haven't tried to put mine back but I'm sure with some zip ties you could work something out.
that thing is heavy, who needs it!? and with all that mess gone the wires can be zipped up out of the way.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Launching!

I zip tied all my wires along the metal piece runnig along the bottom of the dash, and it worked fine for me.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:28 PM
8 second mod

i welded a little bracket out of chromolly to my roll cage, and it works perfect. no rattles or anything!