Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying out the BFG drag radials on Sunday!!

Old 05-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying out the BFG drag radials on Sunday!!

The last time I went to the track I was spinning the sh*t out of my tires and couldn't put it to the ground so I bought 2 BFG drag radials and am wondering when I go to the track on sunday with these new tires how should I launch? Slippin the clutch or dump it? What rmp's? Also do you guys think my stock rear end will hold??? My mods are 3.73's, lid, FAST intake manifold, long tube headers, ory pipe, underdrive pulley, and flowmaster muffler. Thanks a lot!
99 SS Camaro M6
Old 05-04-2006, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should use search - this is a common question. That said, my experience is that the big difference between normal street radials and same-size drag radials is that the DRs eliminated spinning in second gear. On Goodyear GSC Eagles, I never attempted a real launch because my car was so squirrelly in second gear. With BFG DRs, I no longer spin in second but a high-rpm clutch dump launch (at whatever tire pressure) leads to bad wheelspin. I'm still learning. My best sixty so far is 2.005 seconds, quickly lifting my clutch foot at 2500 rpm and easing into the throttle. Dumping the clutch and mashing the throttle drops my sixty into the 2.3 to 2.5 range. How some guys can lift the fronts and pull 1.5-second sixtys on DRs mystifies me. Good luck.

Last edited by Gary Z; 05-04-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from my experience with bfg's. you have to burn the tread off of them before they will actually hook. Mine were new and I spun like crazy even with a a good burnout.

Search this Thread