Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone w/ slp line lock and traction control...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 10:11 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default anyone w/ slp line lock and traction control...

did u have any issues bleeding the brakes? i heard someone say aomething about having to activate the traction control or some nonsense? i have a vacuum pump which would make the bleeding like a 10 minute deal but i dont want to start doing this and hurt something.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the TCS equipped LSx cars, but for an lt1 car...
Your 'supposed' to have someone with a TECH2 or equivalent actuate the solenoids in the ABS and ASR modules. This is to free trapped air when the plungers move.
Ive always had good success with using a MityVac and bleeding the ABS modulators 2 valves first. Then go through the wheel brakes in the factory sequence... Farthest first working toward the brake closest to the master.
One time, I had some air in the system that I could not bleed, so I used battery voltage and jumper wires to actuate the ABS modules solenoids while bleeding and it worked. No ABS or TCS lights, and no weird feeling pedal.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:55 PM
9 Second Club

how would i bleed the abs modulaters? i dont even know where or what they are? ugh i think i took a big bite on this one.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

The ABS modulator is the 'block' that your brake lines go to, directly after they lead out of the master cylinder. Like I said, Im not positive about how the LSx cars ABS modulator works or even looks, but it should be similar to the one in my 96 LT1 car.
On my car, its in front of the drivers side fender well.
On it (mine) are two bleeder screws, start with the one thats closest to the master cylinder when bleeding.
On my car, having TCS means I have an additional brake module on the line that would normally go to the 'T' at the rear of the car without TCS. It also has two solenoids that the TCS system uses to modulate the rear brakes. Ive never seen the TCS brake module for an LS1 car, so it may even be part of your ABS block.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:48 PM
9 Second Club

i will take a pic and get back to u in a few minutes. thanx!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:04 PM
9 Second Club

so what do u think?
Old 05-12-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I dont see any bleeder screws on that thing. And its COMPLETELY different from what mine looks like.
1st: Follow the lines coming out of that box. If any of them go to another 'module', that would be your TCS modulator. Also known as ASR modulator on LT1 cars.
If your car does not have one, then your ABS modulator probably handles the TCS part for the rear brakes.
If you do have one, make sure it doesnt have any bleeder screws on it. If it does, just bleed them before you bleed at the brakes.

If its ALL controlled by that modulator, since there's no bleeder screws on it I'd say your probably gonna be safe just doing the individual brakes in sequence.
Just remove your battery cable before you start to make sure the BCM has no idea what your doing
If you end up with a ABS or TCS light, call your local dealer service department and ask what they charge to bleed your cars brakes. They WILL have the Tech2 or 3 and will have no problem getting it done.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i installed that on mine, M6, abs with TC, bleed it like normal, all you have to do.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Rod
On The Tree

I did the same as smokinHawk and bled it like normal. I have the same SLP kit and TCS/ABS.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

i just bled it like normal, everything worked fine.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:06 PM
9 Second Club

great. i have a vacuum pump so it should be a quick job. hopefully it doesnt hurt anything.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, MityVac the crap outta it and dont worry. I just found an old GM repair manual this weekend and read through it. It says basically that you wont have a problem, only us LT1 guys with Traction control have to worry about ABS-INOP and TCS OFF lights.