Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 point harness install question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 4 point harness install question

Is it customary to replace the rear seat bracket floor mounting bolts w/ eye bolts for the purpose of clipping the lap belt sections to the eye bolts? Bought a 4 point harness w/ no directions & see no other way to install the lap belt portion of the harness. Will need to buy eye bolts if this is the correct way to mount them. The lap harness has what appears to be eye bolt clips for mounting.

Posted in road racing section also. Sorry for the newb type question; just want to be sure. Thank-you
Old 10-25-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you planning on purchasing the "submarine" belt seperately or will these belts just be for show? just wondering
Old 10-25-2006, 04:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 94z28L
are you planning on purchasing the "submarine" belt seperately or will these belts just be for show? just wondering
The belts are not for show & there are no plans for the submarine belt. Is the eye bolt installation described above common practice for the lap belts?
Old 10-25-2006, 05:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Found a reference install guide. It shows the lap harness bolted to the existing anchor points, in my case eye bolts in the rear seat mounts. Here's a link for anyone interested.
http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo...seat-belt.html
Old 10-25-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Found a reference install guide. It shows the lap harness bolted to the existing anchor points, in my case eye bolts in the rear seat mounts. Here's a link for anyone interested.
http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo...seat-belt.html
If you read through that link it clearly says to mount your lap belts to the existing mounting points on the floor for the factory seatbelt.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fire67
If you read through that link it clearly says to mount your lap belts to the existing mounting points on the floor for the factory seatbelt.
Yes, I read that. It doesn't apply to my car cuz' the factory seat belts fasten to the side of the seats & not the floor. The harness lap belt sections cannot be mounted to the stock seat locaton because they'd have to adjust down to about 8 or 10 inches per side in order to be tight enough & eye bolts in those locations make the assembly too wide. That's why I said in my case the eye bolts would be mounted in the stock rear seat bracket location. Should have explained myself better. From what I've seen from that link & one other, am confdent that the rear bracket location for the lap belt sections in conjunction w/ the shoulder harness straps connecting to the roll bar will be OK.

Thanks for the comment & I should have been more specific.

Quick Reply: 4 point harness install question