Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

line lock question

Old 07-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default line lock question

i recently got a line lock from a friend and i was wondering how reliable they are. i.e. them stickin under bracking and not going off. anybody DD with them in here?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it only locks your brakes when you have it on, when its getting power. So if it goes out it won't make your brakes stick.

I have some more info on my web site, PM sent.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As BrandonPPR said, it only works when it has power applied to it. I've got one also and LOVE it!!! When routed properly to the front wheels, when you apply braking pressure, then energize the solenoid/linelock, you can release the brake pedal and burn your rears to your hearts content! Then release the solenoid and go forward as if nothing ever happened.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Launching!

yeah but i have heard people that have had them, once in a while they will lock without any power applied to it.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS198Z28
yeah but i have heard people that have had them, once in a while they will lock without any power applied to it.
That sounds like a wiring problem to me.

Are you saying that they just lock up the brakes while driving down the road? Like as if you just slammed on the brakes? If so, thats not how they work. Those people would probley have a different problem.

If you were driving down the road and some how the line lock came on. What would happen is if you were not hitting the brakes at all then the front brakes would not work at all but the back brake would work. In other words what ever pressure you have your brakes on when you activate the line lock is the same amount of pressure that gets "locked in" so no pressure then no pressure is "locked" full pressure then full pressure is "locked".

The line lock is a selinoid. If it has no power going to it then how could it just open the selinoid. That would be like driving down the road and all of a sudden your nitrous activates for no reason. Its just not going to happen unless the selinoid is getting power. If its getting power when its not on then you have faulty wiring. When its not getting power its just like an open valve. When it gets power it closes the valve.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

The back brakes would always work as normal.

Search this Thread