Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man!!!!

That was a two day event going through all of this!!

The race was setup for a site vs. site match. BOC decided that their car wasn't ready and a replacement was issued. Looks like the real people behind pinks wanted to see you guys loose. Imagine a major tech site, with all the skills available and sponsor backings, getting smacked by a shitbox stang on national tv. Now that is drama for yo' mama and that would of played great for their ratings.

The right decision was made to step out, and nate got hurt, ugly. He is a stang guy after all and just wanted to trash the bowtie guys on "his" show. Rich and his brother seemed to what to make it work. However, again the real heads of the show didn't like the fact that you guys where investigating and that didn't go well since no one is going to race a faster car and do it for pinks.

There seems to be alot hypocrisy going and speculation.

I wonder, since their is a lsx shootout, can we somehow produce an internet site shootout. Where the top mustang, import, us, and other various sites, get a build working to better their/our site traffic. More sponsor coverage, site recognition, exciting race format. I think it would be a hit.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,175 Likes on 764 Posts

I think an internet site shootout would be cool, just need some sort of structure so that nobody gets a huge advantage. I think a $25,000 cap would be cool (including the purchase of the car).

Some of us had the same concern too, that the crapbox Stang would be the underdog that whoops up on the fancy car.

In the end I found out that the show focuses on building up the drama and that fairness is one of the first things that goes out the window.

See y'all guys in Memphis!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be cool that at the end of the shootout the car be auctioned off or sold with the proceeds going to charity. Kids with cancer or vets families. Then have the local TV and news cover and reveal why the car was originally built for and how reality TV isnt always real. I think that would really burn there *** with the network. or maybe not. The sponsers i guess would have to agree for the write off vs. $. I worked in the corp world and negative press is the very worst nightmare. Think of the exposure for the site

But that is if you really want to do!!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Rich is a pretty mature person, so the clip of him dropping the bike was aired because he was okay with it.

But I've talked to other folks who raced that weekend, and whole change of going from 3/5 to 4/7 was sprung on folks on Friday and most folks did not like it. Other thing was for race #7 for those guys, they had a hurt trans and asked for spots, which they had given in some past races. They were denied and had to run heads up. Not fair.
The step up in races was for drama and more material for the show. A good call for everyone but it would have been nice to have been completely ready for it in the KC heat. In the end, both sides had to agree to move to the best of 7 racing. So it was clearly fair.

When you get to race seven in that kind of heat everything is hurting. You negotiate the race you need but if you don't like what you hear, you man up and say No. If they take the car, what does it matter if you all ready thought you couldn't get a fair race?

You can't cry it's not fair if you take the race. We ran heads up all out in race 7 because that's what both teams expected to do and that's what the fans wanted to see. If you build the car to run hard and you have the driver, it's the way it should go down.

Hurt or not, we took the race because letting it all hang out is what racing is all about.

Rick
Old 08-29-2007, 11:46 PM
9 Second Club

I think an internet site shootout would be cool, just need some sort of structure so that nobody gets a huge advantage. I think a $25,000 cap would be cool (including the purchase of the car).

Some of us had the same concern too, that the crapbox Stang would be the underdog that whoops up on the fancy car.

In the end I found out that the show focuses on building up the drama and that fairness is one of the first things that goes out the window.

See y'all guys in Memphis!
Uhhmmm don't you mean every team must spend exactly $25K. Otherwise some $3.5K-$24.9999K crapbox is going to win.

It's TV... yes it's about the drama. That's what brings new people to the show and new faces to the tracks. Once again, the All Out shows are pulling more fans than some NHRA and IHRA events have to these tracks.

Someone is always going to be the underdog but it's not always the one you think it will be. I hear a lot of this "unfair" crap and it's just as old here as it is on the streets. You take the race, it's a fair race. End of story. Your car either has it, or your driver can make up for it or you walk away. Either way, if you take the race you have to run all out to the finish line to find it out. Anything else is just bench racing.

Rick

Rick
Old 08-30-2007, 02:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you mean when you said " you take the race , its a fair race "? Do you know how many times on that bullshit show i have heard them say... I think its a fair race so you either take that or i take the cars? that is a ******* joke. They dont do a good job setting the races up with cars that are close to each other. Thats why you see so much sandbagging going on and its just bullshit. Pinks all out is the only show worth going to.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:39 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Some of the other races were not fair Rick, simple as that. I talked to some of the racers on the phone last week. I have no doubt that the MI vs MI race was more fair, since both sites are local to each other and have a lengthy history.

Had BOC raced us it would be a different story. I have talked to BOC several times and they were building a car that was as nice as ours. It's too bad that we in the audience did not know that both sides in your race could have pilled up in the last race, we had a huge bag of jets with us and would have been glad to lend some out.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:12 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by silverbeast
What do you mean when you said " you take the race , its a fair race "? Do you know how many times on that bullshit show i have heard them say... I think its a fair race so you either take that or i take the cars? that is a ******* joke. They dont do a good job setting the races up with cars that are close to each other. Thats why you see so much sandbagging going on and its just bullshit. Pinks all out is the only show worth going to.
You only see the short clip of negotiations on TV. You've got plenty of time to argue your points and Nate and Adam will listen to make it right. Rich wants action and he gauges things by the crowd too.

So what I mean is you have the right to use your ***** and say NO. Stand up and be counted if you don't think it's a race. The guys you see whimpering are the ones that didn't bring the power, or didn't know how to negotiate to keep it fair. If you sand bag you'll get caught doing it. If you wait for the last race you increase the odds of breaking.

It's up to the teams to bring enough to win the race. You can't blame the show for guys that don't report their real times or hand in accurate documentation about the cars.

Every race comes down to the same things: getting the jump, hooking the power that you have, driving straight and not braking. If you miss out on anyone of these, it can cost you the race. That's the drama and that's why we run them at the track instead of on the internet right?

Rick
Old 08-30-2007, 09:26 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Old 08-30-2007, 09:45 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001-WS6
You only see the short clip of negotiations on TV. You've got plenty of time to argue your points and Nate and Adam will listen to make it right. Rich wants action and he gauges things by the crowd too.

So what I mean is you have the right to use your ***** and say NO. Stand up and be counted if you don't think it's a race. The guys you see whimpering are the ones that didn't bring the power, or didn't know how to negotiate to keep it fair. If you sand bag you'll get caught doing it. If you wait for the last race you increase the odds of breaking.

It's up to the teams to bring enough to win the race. You can't blame the show for guys that don't report their real times or hand in accurate documentation about the cars.

Every race comes down to the same things: getting the jump, hooking the power that you have, driving straight and not braking. If you miss out on anyone of these, it can cost you the race. That's the drama and that's why we run them at the track instead of on the internet right?

Rick
I agree with most of this, however I do believe that it is imperative that the show take some kind of moral and professional responsability in insuring that the cars matched are close. Dynos, whatever. I mean, your car in on the line right! We should never have to observe multiple lengths, half tracks whatever. Then the perspective is just to get it over with. When we used to street race for $, it was a different story and relied heavily on what we visually observed on the other car or what we new about the car. Personally, Its gets unrealistic when four or more lengths are involved. When they air pinks all out, it is more realistic to make matches when cars are within the same bracket.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 AM
9 Second Club

Some of the other races were not fair Rick, simple as that. I talked to some of the racers on the phone last week. I have no doubt that the MI vs MI race was more fair, since both sites are local to each other and have a lengthy history.

Had BOC raced us it would be a different story. I have talked to BOC several times and they were building a car that was as nice as ours. It's too bad that we in the audience did not know that both sides in your race could have pilled up in the last race, we had a huge bag of jets with us and would have been glad to lend some out.
Well, there were four sets of races. I didn't get a call. The Orange and White Mustang guys weren't complaining and the Bu sure wasn't complaining. We pitted for two days with the camaro and that scary fast mustang for two days and I'd find it hard to believe that they were crying on anyone's shoulder. So who did you talk to???

I agreed to every one of those races. It's on my head for the outcome when we lose. It was my job to put my driver where he could make the play with the current condition of the car. There's only two negotiations I would have changed knowing how they turned out now with 20/20. As it turns out that's two of the ones we won. I'll explain after we suffer the pains of those wins because it's damn good TV if Q gets his lines in no matter how painful it was.

I guess why bring a huge bag a jets if can't use them???? Ohhh so you did have an 8.8s car if you had the jets. Shoot I'd have loaned you a real fuel pump and some Earl LT-350 -12 line and fittings to feed that rails if I'd have known you could pill up with the big boys.

In end we added a 50 shot running our kit on 7psi fuel pressure. Pig rich as sin on the juice in trade for the use of the transbrake. We can bicker over the 225 NX (2500lbs) vs. a rich 275 NOS (hurting 2900lbs) jet ratings but the cars were pretty much even up. We'd have foot-braked heads up with our hurting car and no changes but the other car needed the transbrake. We can what if all day but both teams brought it and ran it all out with class. We raced hard each race and left it there on the track.

Rick
Old 08-30-2007, 10:09 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 3fingas
I agree with most of this, however I do believe that it is imperative that the show take some kind of moral and professional responsability in insuring that the cars matched are close. Dynos, whatever. I mean, your car in on the line right! We should never have to observe multiple lengths, half tracks whatever. Then the perspective is just to get it over with. When we used to street race for $, it was a different story and relied heavily on what we visually observed on the other car or what we new about the car. Personally, Its gets unrealistic when four or more lengths are involved. When they air pinks all out, it is more realistic to make matches when cars are within the same bracket.
This show is about people with a beef coming out and settling the race. It's about knowing cars and being able to backup your talk. It's the teams that are responsible for racing hard and with honor. If a team wants to look sleazy it's all on them. If a team wants to look like pussies, it's all on them. The show is just filiming how it happens.

You never bet more than you can afford to loose. If you put the car on the line you better beable to judge the race and afford the lose when it doesn't work out.

This is just that same as you remember the street race days. Teams had guys in the stands and at the end of the track. You have plenty of time to go over what the cars were. The other team had full access to our car even before the show started because we wanted to get it over with. Our guys had full access to the other teams car for the same reason. You have to know what can be built and what can be hidden. In our case there was only one cool thing hidden on the other teams car to make it work and that's something for them to share as they see fit because they went through a lot of hard learning to come up with it.

PINKS All Out is the same thing as our races. You run hard and set the speed and hope you're in the .2s swing they choose for the 16 car field. There is nothing that prevent a person from sand bagging at All Out other than the drivers sense of honor. It's only one twist of the **** or a few PC strokes to give the car a little extra after time trials right???

This is about the racers' and teams' honor, sense of fairness and the respect they earn by letting it all hangout. It's the same as you remember on the street. You either have it, or you don't.

Rick
Old 08-30-2007, 10:12 AM
9 Second Club

Yes, I drank it and it was good enough that we'll be going back for more next year. Don't make me buy some pretty rims and put in $20K of stereo equipment in the ThunderStang.

Rick
Old 08-30-2007, 10:16 AM
9 Second Club

I guess the thing that bothers me most is I see a bunch of whimpering and pissing and moaning about the show when it's BOC that pussed out and caused the problems. You guys knew they pussed out and you could have walked away weeks ago.

So now that they've dicked you over once and left you hanging, you're being gentle again on BOC because you want to the big show race. You're being PC with the wrong folks and taking it out on the wrong ones once again.

Get those pussies to finish the car and race it on the show and be done with it. Win, Loose, you have it over and the fame and fortune that you so desperately crave. Ok maybe not that much but enough to get by anyway.

Rick
Old 08-30-2007, 10:42 AM
kp
8 Second Club

All depends on your flavor of kool aid boys.

For the millionth time Pinks has nothing to do with 'fair' racing or even street racing. It is television drama and you have to pay to be a part of it. Some do it for honor. some do it for fame and some do it for money (advertising). You can do just as well with a real race car on TV if you want to spend the money also so no matter what if you want to play you got to pay.

The show will survive LS1tech not being a part of it and LS1tech will survive without being on Pinks on I'm sure. I can care less about the quality of the cars, I watch it for the drama. Its a bit elitist to think everyone should bring 25K cars to come and race. To some of the guys on the show a 5K car may be worth more to them the a 25K car is to you. Its not about the cars, its about the personalities, negotiating, BS abilities and putting something together that will hold up. Its hard to bullshit when you have an expensive nicely done car sitting there. Anyone who really street races knows a car that doesnt LOOK fast but IS fast is the way to go and thats about the only thing pinks and street racing has in common.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:27 PM
9 Second Club

Well said KP.

Rick
Old 08-30-2007, 01:52 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't think anyone said that someone should have to bring a $25K car. Please realize that the LS1TECH/BOC episode was not your run-of-the-mill Pinks episode. Normally Pinks just tells you to bring a 10.50 capable car, and you don't know who you are running against. The LS1TECH/BOC show was a themed show with a plan from day 1. There was quite a bit of planning and discussion, as well as marketing potential for this show. We at LS1TECH were doing it mostly for fun. Considering that we sold this website back in March, there was no vested interest in advertising for the website. Anyone that plays with LS1 stuff and owns a computer knows about us already. We didn't build a $25K car to lose for advertising. It was much bigger than that, we were going to build two nice cars, and have a good old fashioned Ford vs GM race, backed by multiple viewers coming from various Ford/GM websites. A virtual grudge match with two nicely built cars to represent each camp.

Had we registered with Pinks and just were informed to bring a primered shitbox that ran 10.50s, that is exactly what we would have built. So, you can't compare our reasons based on your own actions within the show, both had different goals and plans.

KP, most people do watch it for the drama, but the most watched/requested/viewed episode of Pinks to date has been the Tosto brothers. There wasn't much "drama" on that episode, them being brothers. They did have the nicest pair of cars ever featured on the show however, and that is why people kept wanting re-runs and downloads of that episode. It was also the most talked about episode on these message boards. At the end of the day, viewers still remember the NICE cars that have been on that show, not the primered shitboxes. Those get their normal air time and are never watched again. So, bringing two nice cars and having the potential of HUGE internet hype is what was driving the race for Pinks, as well as LS1TECH/BOC. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:59 PM
9 Second Club

Well Said 9.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:02 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I don't think anyone said that someone should have to bring a $25K car. Please realize that the LS1TECH/BOC episode was not your run-of-the-mill Pinks episode. Normally Pinks just tells you to bring a 10.50 capable car, and you don't know who you are running against. The LS1TECH/BOC show was a themed show with a plan from day 1. There was quite a bit of planning and discussion, as well as marketing potential for this show. We at LS1TECH were doing it mostly for fun. Considering that we sold this website back in March, there was no vested interest in advertising for the website. Anyone that plays with LS1 stuff and owns a computer knows about us already. We didn't build a $25K car to lose for advertising. It was much bigger than that, we were going to build two nice cars, and have a good old fashioned Ford vs GM race, backed by multiple viewers coming from various Ford/GM websites. A virtual grudge match with two nicely built cars to represent each camp.

Had we registered with Pinks and just were informed to bring a primered shitbox that ran 10.50s, that is exactly what we would have built. So, you can't compare our reasons based on your own actions within the show, both had different goals and plans.

KP, most people do watch it for the drama, but the most watched/requested/viewed episode of Pinks to date has been the Tosto brothers. There wasn't much "drama" on that episode, them being brothers. They did have the nicest pair of cars ever featured on the show however, and that is why people kept wanting re-runs and downloads of that episode. It was also the most talked about episode on these message boards. At the end of the day, viewers still remember the NICE cars that have been on that show, not the primered shitboxes. Those get their normal air time and are never watched again. So, bringing two nice cars and having the potential of HUGE internet hype is what was driving the race for Pinks, as well as LS1TECH/BOC. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement.
I realize that everyone was feeling special and above everyone else that has ever thought about being on PINKS before. The superiority has been professed profusely.

There is simply a reality gap here. No matter how big we all think LS1Tech is, it's a very small minority of the really real world. I'd wager more than 9 out of 10 people that watch the show have never heard of LS1Tech or BOC. To my knowledge only 5 of the teams that have been on the show had been members here prior to the KC event. Even if all 100K+ real people and spam/**** IDs from LS1Tech promised to watch the show it wouldn't budge the PINKS rating number enough to matter. The show would have been a pride booster for the site communities for sure but few others would have cared if the cars ran only ran 10.5s races unless each race was won by less than a car.

You confuse the popularity of the Tosto show on this web site with that of the rest of the world. We like it here because we're mostly GM guys in many cases and we all like the idea of "knowing the racers". The Tosto brothers made that show, not LS1Tech or its members.

Hmmm motives??? Unless you're telling me you didn't want to go faster than the car had ever gone before. You didn't want to win. You did want to be the bad guys team on the show. You didn't want to have the most watched show ever on PINKS??? Damn those Tosto brothers. I'm pretty sure most of the core motives were the same unless someone just wanted to recognize the tax write off for losing their car. I'm patriotic and I prefer to pay my full tax penalty for being here.

Rick
Old 08-30-2007, 03:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001-WS6
I realize that everyone was feeling special and above everyone else that has ever thought about being on PINKS before. The superiority has been professed profusely.

There is simply a reality gap here. No matter how big we all think LS1Tech is, it's a very small minority of the really real world. I'd wager more than 9 out of 10 people that watch the show have never heard of LS1Tech or BOC. To my knowledge only 5 of the teams that have been on the show had been members here prior to the KC event. Even if all 100K+ real people and spam/**** IDs from LS1Tech promised to watch the show it wouldn't budge the PINKS rating number enough to matter. The show would have been a pride booster for the site communities for sure but few others would have cared if the cars ran only ran 10.5s races unless each race was won by less than a car.

You confuse the popularity of the Tosto show on this web site with that of the rest of the world. We like it here because we're mostly GM guys in many cases and we all like the idea of "knowing the racers". The Tosto brothers made that show, not LS1Tech or its members.

Hmmm motives??? Unless you're telling me you didn't want to go faster than the car had ever gone before. You didn't want to win. You did want to be the bad guys team on the show. You didn't want to have the most watched show ever on PINKS??? Damn those Tosto brothers. I'm pretty sure most of the core motives were the same unless someone just wanted to recognize the tax write off for losing their car. I'm patriotic and I prefer to pay my full tax penalty for being here.

Rick

Hmmmm interesting considering the producer point blank stated that the show has seen a major drop in viewers and was looking to fix that problem. He also stated that this could be the last season for the show. Sounds like all the "viewers" are starting to realize what a joke the show really is.

225-343-9029

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks