Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bunch-o-questions about drag racing-Knock retard-Drag Radials-Wheel Hop

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
I would be more worried about the trap speed than anything. That car is not putting anywhere near 600 hp to the wheels @ 118 mph. My 3700 lb pig trapped 126 with an auto with less power. Sure the suspension & tires will drop your et, but it's not gonna do much of anything to your trap speed.
Thats why im forecasting massive knock retard
Old 11-14-2007, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hihgly doubt that wheel hop is causing knock retard. The knock sensors are tuned to a specific frequency, it would be a crazy coincidence if wheel hop was producing something that the knock sensors would pick up.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
I hihgly doubt that wheel hop is causing knock retard. The knock sensors are tuned to a specific frequency, it would be a crazy coincidence if wheel hop was producing something that the knock sensors would pick up.
cleaned/rebuilt nitrous system. replaced N solenoid and installed a plate.. test runs = WOW.. power is back! There had to be some obstruction(s) in the system..Going to tuner this weekend to check AFR with new plate , and will log at the track Sat or Sunday.. Will try the ET streets.. looking for QA1 shocks
Old 11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

tracked again this weekend.. 01'WS6 noticed the weak purge.. checked both bottles.. lots of air..not much juice.. he can post the logs of initial motor pass