Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short belt keeps walking. Any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Short belt keeps walking. Any advice?

I'm running a short belt (no power steering) on my 99 LS1 with fbody style accessories. The belt wants to start slipping off the tensioner every time I'm out beating on the car. Last night the belt finally came off completely. Any ideas? I'm running a 52.5 inch belt. It looks like a 52 inch would work and would obviously be tighter.

Any other ideas?
Old 08-20-2003, 07:44 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Short belt keeps walking. Any advice?

did you grind off a little on the lower bolt that it crosses...It might be rubbing and causing it to push outwards a little...making it walk.....check the clearance...and then grind down one side if you have to.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

A4 or M6? if its an a4 you gotta remove the lower alternator bolt and tie some lines outta the way down there.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

You could also buy a Larry pulley which has a bigger lip so the belt won't walk or fly off. I used to have this same problem after taking her up to 110 and braking kinda hard. The belt would fly off and I'd lose power steering, the check gauges light would light up, and car would start to heat up fast. Scary thing to happen to you at the track. Now with the Larry pulley, I don't have to worry about it happening anymore. It's only like $70 too.