Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Va Speed 402

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a 402ci? The tq seems low on bottom next to mine. I have 400lbs tq at 2,800rpm's. Is it due to you being an a4 and I'm a m6? The peek numbers are great.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the trick flows and the cam plus it being an auto hurt the tq and lower rpm numbers shawn could chime in and say what he feels but these runs were made with out enough fuel as the pump was dying. Have not seen any new hard pulls after we changed out the pump. would like to see if those numbers are better or not. maybe next dyno day.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

No fuel? the combo is stout no doubt. I may swap out my l92's for the trick flow's.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. Diggin up bones Doug?

It never made more power even with the new fuel pump. It was a bit warmer when we dynoed it the second time, which could have accounted for the loss, which wasn't much to begin with.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mike c.
Thats a 402ci? The tq seems low on bottom next to mine. I have 400lbs tq at 2,800rpm's. Is it due to you being an a4 and I'm a m6? The peek numbers are great.
the a4 really kills the tq-way more tq than hp.alot has to do with converter clutch slippage.

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1

It never made more power even with the new fuel pump. It was a bit warmer when we dynoed it the second time, which could have accounted for the loss, which wasn't much to begin with.
Doug must have been bored today
Old 07-29-2009, 02:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
the a4 really kills the tq-way more tq than hp.alot has to do with converter clutch slippage.

Doug must have been bored today
Didn't have to dig to deep for this bone. I pm with Knapp once in awhile, and you guys did a killer job on his motor and tune !!! Just thought it deserved a little more time in the spotlight. Ron's thread on my car is over 7000 and counting so I thought this setup needed some attention since it was an a4.

Ed you and Shawn both side stepped my speculation on what some more compression would've done for this motor provided a quality 93 octane is readily available? I was guessing 11.8 to 1 would have added another 12-15 rwhp/rwtq to some already pretty amazing numbers. Any thoughts?
Old 07-29-2009, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good
Old 07-29-2009, 07:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Didn't have to dig to deep for this bone. I pm with Knapp once in awhile, and you guys did a killer job on his motor and tune !!! Just thought it deserved a little more time in the spotlight. Ron's thread on my car is over 7000 and counting so I thought this setup needed some attention since it was an a4.

Ed you and Shawn both side stepped my speculation on what some more compression would've done for this motor provided a quality 93 octane is readily available? I was guessing 11.8 to 1 would have added another 12-15 rwhp/rwtq to some already pretty amazing numbers. Any thoughts?
more compression would have def helped with tq and probably a little hp,i wasn't trying to knock it out of the park on this one.I know Travis likes to drive this car alot and possibly take it on trips,so i played it a little conservative.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the dyno numbers don't tell the whole story. This thing is a blast drive! I took a 2 1/2 hr trip with a fairly heavy foot in some areas and still averaged 23 mpg with not so heavy foot in others. LOL Shawn build great motors and Ed can tune the crap out of them!

Quick Reply: Va Speed 402