Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno graph for G5X-3 in a Corvette with full exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 05:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the 'Vette was allowed to weigh 3200lbs. At the TR shootout, all will be required to weigh 3400, so the 'Vette will, IMO, be at a disadvantage (under those circumstances). In the situation you specified, a Corvette would have the advantage.

I guess we'll see, there are some Fbods getting this package, and it will be interesting to compare the times.

What did your car run on motor? I know it was setup for spray, so NA times will be far from optimal, but.....
Old 11-01-2003, 05:54 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Alright, MAJOR props to Lou for going out of his way to prove his package as far as his dyno #'s go, I think he's finally shut a few people up including myself. Now i'll be looking foward to hearing about these 10 second cars at the track

josh
Old 11-01-2003, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the B/U dyno Lou! You da' man. One more guy in your corner here.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, here's my take. I actually did a 232/240 cam..not a G5X2 but a comp cam that anyone here can get and gave it a little extra kick and put it at 234/242 and stuck our heads on it. guess what? Our car with a moser 12 bolt/4.10's and 315s pulled 463/418rwtq without an electric pump. Did I cheat the dyno? Nope. These bigger duration cams, make more power in the upper rpms. Yes this G5X3 has some serious duration to it..I guarantee it by the way it peaks at 6600rpm. I will also say this..put that combo with a stock shortblock and try to run it to it's potential and shift at 7k rpm and you will kill it faster than a New York minute! Now if you have a good bottom end and do alot of drag racing I think it should be great for 1/4 times. Take this from a guy who was really skeptical on the first 460rwhp..it really does make that power..they key to that power is getting it geared right and hooked up.

Not a flame or support..just my view on the whole issue. Good Job on 470 Lou. I think it's gonna be a freakin blast to run your LG cars at the TR shootout.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I still say strap it down at Thunder. Lou
Old 11-01-2003, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Evilz28nos
I still say strap it down at Thunder. Lou
You are indeed the most ignorant person I have seen post in quite some time. The fact that Lou obliged all your requests amazes me, as he had nothing to prove in the first place. How many different dynos would you like him to take this car to? Would you like him to arrange a tour of them all across Texas?
Old 11-01-2003, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

No you ***** no tour of Texas like I said before THUNDER!!!!
Hey cheech, I don't know what you've been smoking, but Lou isn't going to drive that car 450 miles to fulfill your asinine request. If after two seperate dynos you still think these numbers are just too awesome to believe, THEN DON'T BELIEVE IT. For God's sake, don't go buying LG's heads/cam package then, because it's obviously not for you.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lou great results, Id like to know how special these heads are and what was done to them to aid in the power? were did the extra 10 hp come from compared to the last 461 with a.s. ls6 heads and g5x3 cam
To all others, these are the questions that should be asked before raising a bs flag. get all the facts
Lou, good job with the back up dyno, it shows you have confidence in your work and how eager you are for people to know the truth. it pulled 470 on lg's dyno, it pulled 469 on speedworks dyno and it will pull around 470 on thunders dyno, I dont know how people can say it wont. lets see it run a solid 10 and change next week and see what people say then

Last edited by jmX; 11-03-2003 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ne14a6t9
its funny how all the tea chearleaders are the ones who cause all the smack, just becuase there cars cant pull over 410. heres a little clue to the tea pimps, you should not be threatend by Lou he is not your problem, Patriot is the company you should be concerned with, they are the ones thats going to bring tea down
Why is it that every other post you make is either pure shittalking (most of which is against TEA), or just negative comments towards peoples cars?

Guess what, I still like TEA and I was one of the first people to compliment Lou. Yeah, and you're right, my car can't pull over 410rwhp

Oh, and my heads are a year and a half old and my car is still making more power than most heads/cam cars out there. Yeah, TEA sucks ***.

Last edited by verbs; 11-02-2003 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

Wow this is getting very gay . Lou proved the # on a differenet dyno now still some are saying BS. I guess there is another agenda here. Either way this is getting really stupid just trying to put down Lou without anything to backup anything said or tech merit. Please post some proof that lou is lying . BTW I do not have any LG parts in my car . I buy my cams from thunder but I have no problems believing these #`s since I have witnessed 457 with his g5-x2 and s2 5.3 heads on a local dyno up here in NY with no dyno tricks . The guy put the car together in his driveway and it was not tuned or touched by lou at all. So it would be kinda hard to write that one of as a so called lou`s Special Cars that have been setup on his dyno to get a #. BTW I think its time for some people to grow up and not start cursing at everyone that doesnt agree with what they are saying . Thats plain BS and I hope none of these guys own shops because it is way way unprofessional.

Last edited by offaxis; 11-02-2003 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:02 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That was a lot of reading.. Interesting to say the least..
Old 11-02-2003, 09:44 AM
TECH Junkie

I do have one quesiton for ya Lou what would one of your G5X-3 setups do in a F-Body with a 12bolt and slicks.

You must be a real DMF. Its been answered, if you read above, a G5X2 cam only car with a 9" and slicks ran 10s. The X3 should outrun that. A X3 with heads should outrun that. I think someones getting antsy that H/C cars are getting up there with strokers and more.

You'd better run some incredible times in your "Project C5R ZL1 5 year plan, BLAH BLAH BLAH", its gonna be funny to see you outrun by a $30,000 H/C/I/12 bolt car.

Lou I give up fool all these people and take thier money
Speaking of wasting money, how is project 500k coming along, anyway? Face it, this H/C package is one of the highest power (if not THE highest) producing H/C packages in the country. I can tell you, also from experience, that the price is in line with other H/C packages on the market, if not cheaper than the "big three".

Whats your response if he were to go to TR and dyno the same? Then what? You will never admit that someone other that yourself has any knowledge of the LSx platform. I mean, after all, you've built 500+ cars. Where I come from, that and $.50 will get you a can of Coke.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Cammin BeaSSt
Spanky, ya just blew ALOT of hot air, but I didnt hear **** you were saying

You guys act like that cam only car 01Z has is something fast. He has done it ONCE and the car is FULLY GUTTED.Ive said it once and Ill say it again, FMS cam only cars were running 10s OVER A YEAR AGO in 3300lb cars.....(226/226 570ish) Go figure. kinda takes the milk out of your cereal huh...

I think if Lou straps down @ TR, EvilZ would probably shake his hand and admit he was wrong if Lou pulled the same #s with no tricks, as the car will see the track. Just my assumption though, I could be wrong.

LMFAO@ the ZL1 comment. Ole Grumpy should be making it to the Southern SHootout so times will be seen by all in a FULL weight(and then some) Camaro.

Im lookin forward to seeing your "highest horsepower heads/cam package in the country" making some passes as well since you are definately set up for the 1/4. Heck, if 01Z is running 10.90s with cam only, I would expect to see you dipping 10.60s or so..... C ya there.
First of all, he asked what the X3 would do with a 12 bolt and slicks..... The FMS car was, if I remember correctly, an A4 car with a 4000+ stall, advantage A4.

If Lou were to go to TR, and dyno the same, EvilZ28NOs would come with some other excuse. Lou went to an independent dyno and proved his numbers, period. Kinda unreasonable to expect him to travel to a different state to dyno, don't you think, especially since he has already been to an independent dyno, something that I have EVER seen another shop do.

My weight won't be where 01Z was, I hope to weigh 3300lbs when all is said and done. I am hoping for 10s, but I'm also smart enough to know better than to assume that.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:33 AM
FormerVendor

This thread is getting more wacky by the minute.

I think that I will let J-Rod lay the time down next weekend. Hopefully with no clutch, trans, or rear end problems.

LG

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 11-02-2003 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ne14a6t9
Patriot is the company you should be concerned with, they are the ones thats going to bring tea down
:p

Yea, my business was built on LS1 business alone

Fact is, if I never sell another LS1 head (which I pretty sure I will) I will still be in business. Just the fact that I have the FASTEST STOCK DISPLACEMENT C5 CORVETTE IN THE COUNTRY with our 5.3 Stg 1.5 right off the assembly line, is a pretty good indicator that I will sell some more. Not to mention my new heads that will be installed for the Shootout. We have LOTS of customers that make 425+ and on the same dyno that these "new" packages make the same power as ours. So shut up on the TEA bashing while your still allowed to post on here.

Aren't slander laws still applicable to the internet?

BTW, good job Lou, didn't mean to hijack your thread, just trying to defend myself.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:19 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What a waste this thread has turned into. One of the things that stuck me is the ignorance about strokers. Look a the the torque curve of a stroker vs a H/C car. Sure, the HP isn't a huge jump, but look at the torque.

Also, the restrictions of heads along with intakes for big displacement motors.

As for going to Thunder or anywhere else, would you kindly wait until we at least get the car back before bashing any furhter. Let me promise one thing. If the car isn't exactly what has been stated on here, you will here about it from me first.

Anyone who knows me know I am all about fact, not about hype.

I think Lou has tried to do his best to provide you the "proof" you want. Now, its up to me to do my thing. And if you don't think we'll be at a disadvantage running a weighted Z against a Camaro, you simply don't understand drag racing.

I'm not complaining or making excuses. Just some simple facts. If you think a Z06 with an IRS will 60' as well as a Camaro with an Auto and a solid axles you don't have a clue. My buddies car with a small H/C with a stock 10bolt and 3.23s will 60' in the 1.4s. I have seen some 12 bolt cars 60' a 1.3 on the foot brake with a 422. Z06s are lucky if they are in the 1.5s...

The most of the records held by other H/C only Vettes has been made in negative DA without having to add ballast. My buddies Camaro with 3.23s and a MTI C2 with Ls1 heads and an auto has run 10.91. keep in mind the best pass in a Z06 is a recent 10.78.

Now, how about everyone just chill out for awhile and give me a week or so to get the car sorted out, and the Thunder shootout taken care of, or is that too much to ask?
Old 11-02-2003, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

AMEN brother J-ROD. Best of luck to you! From what i have seen and heard about your 1/4 manual tranny driving skills, i know you will drive that bad boy as good if not better than 98% of any drivers on this forum and expect your runs to truly show the truly potential of this obviously very impressive H/C package offered here by LGM.

God Speed to you!

Last edited by MTI 427 C5 Roadster; 11-02-2003 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

J-Rod, good luck and have fun, I have a feeling you are going to make alot of people eat there words
I dont have anything against tea, just there cheerleaders claiming bs in this post with no reason or proof to.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Guys, there will be NO more shop bashing in this thread or there WILL be a few members permanently banned. I've deleted all the BULLSHIT replies in this thread. Stay on topic please. Come on down to the Thunder Shootout and watch the results. Its only a week away.

Tony
Old 11-02-2003, 11:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Its only a week away.

Tony

Tony, That week is going to seem like a year

Quick Reply: Dyno graph for G5X-3 in a Corvette with full exhaust.