Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

I got my car back today with Patriot Stage 2 5.3's...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 01:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Beast96Z===>holding breath to not screw up a perfectly good thread. All I can say is, once again, cry me a river.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gomer - idiots? I wasnt even gonna comment til I saw you spewing your thoughts in here. To me it just sounds like you werent smart enough to get out when you had your problems. Seems to me that they offered you a sweeter deal to keep you in the game and on their side. How them LS6 heads doing by the way? LOL.

To those who made the completely expected anti-TEA comments (for the millionth time) - which of you have run both sets of heads on your current car? Ummm - dont know if that would be any of you ................... so how do you know which set is making more power? How do you know which one is better? I know someone here who has had both sets on their current car with no other changes other than the heads - and I know which ones are making more power and not eating the motor up.

As for the dyno - that is a good jump. Curious as to how a bigger cam will help you. Bottom line with all this is if you are getting out of the heads what you wanted to - more power to you. It only really matters that you are satisfied with what you spent your money on. Sounds like you are.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Once again, this is someone elses thread, please be curtious.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad to see more great results with Patriot's cylinder heads! You're making some fantastic power with such a small camshaft. Let me know when you're ready to upgrade to a larger camshaft. You still have a decent amount of power to gain!

Congrats on the great setup. Now get it to the track!

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 01-01-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Regular

I thought i was going to get a lot more HP/TQ with my LS6 heads but i also swaped out my muffler from a corsa to a crapmaster (long story) so i think i lost a lot of HP/TQ there. All in all i am very happy with my LS6 heads. It feels a lot different down low compared to when i just had a cam. I made the big mistake of getting cought in the numbers game. All i know is that my car runs really well after the heads. Terry is a great guy and he helped me get my car back on the road when it was down. When i needed my heads he sent them to me a.s.a.p. I will soon have a new corsa muffler and cutout and i hope to put down some better numbers.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hannibal
Gomer - idiots? I wasnt even gonna comment til I saw you spewing your thoughts in here. To me it just sounds like you werent smart enough to get out when you had your problems. Seems to me that they offered you a sweeter deal to keep you in the game and on their side. How them LS6 heads doing by the way? LOL.

To those who made the completely expected anti-TEA comments (for the millionth time) - which of you have run both sets of heads on your current car? Ummm - dont know if that would be any of you ................... so how do you know which set is making more power? How do you know which one is better? I know someone here who has had both sets on their current car with no other changes other than the heads - and I know which ones are making more power and not eating the motor up.

As for the dyno - that is a good jump. Curious as to how a bigger cam will help you. Bottom line with all this is if you are getting out of the heads what you wanted to - more power to you. It only really matters that you are satisfied with what you spent your money on. Sounds like you are.
Hannibal,
I'm glad your happy with you setup.I wish you good luck with all of you future modding.Answer one question for me,Tell me of another company that sell someone a set of heads,with no warranty,then after the customer runs the heads for a few months,refunds all of their money back and gives them a stock set of 5.7 heads?

You was treated real well.No body else would have done that for any customer.

I am not trying to start anything with you,I just feel like you have no reason to talk trash.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hannibal

before and after dyno numbers??

before and after track numbers??
Old 01-01-2004, 04:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea please dont foget us when you get that thing on the track. 11.30s would me awsome with such a small cam. i am intereasted.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike98WS6
I picked up my car from a shop ( not a sponsor) today. Before the heads it made 359.3 RWHP 354.3 RWTQ. After the Partiot heads were installed as well as the Shaner S3 TB my car made 403.1 RWHP and 376.5 RWTQ. I'm very impressed with it!! Not bad for almost 45 more rwhp with those heads. Frankly, I was'nt expecting a big jump like that. That's with crappy winter gas, a small ( by today's big cam's standards) cam, and 4.10's. A bigger cam will give me more power but I need to pass emissions. I can't wait to take it to the track and pick up my 11 sec time slip. I want to thank Texas Speed for all of thier help and to Terry from Patriot Perfomance for the awesome heads. I know some of u might say that's not that much power, but to me it suits me fine. The car is a different animal now. I guess I need to update my sig.
Mike,

That is a VERY nice gain. Shaner lives within a couple miles of me and I will let him know about your gains as well. Post up a new time slip when you get a chance!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks everyone for the reply's, I'm hoping for at least 11.50-11.60's with the car. I can't drive for crap though. Only time will tell. Like I said before I'm happy with my current set up. I can always get a bigger cam If I want to add even more power, but right now I'm good to go. Here's my dyno sheet, I'm sorry If it's too small but for some reason it's not letting me put the full size sheet up.
Attached Thumbnails I got my car back today with Patriot Stage 2 5.3's...-showletter.jpg  
Old 01-01-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sr71bb
Mike,

That is a VERY nice gain. Shaner lives within a couple miles of me and I will let him know about your gains as well. Post up a new time slip when you get a chance!!!
Thanks, Mark is a nice guy and his TB is a piece of art. I can't wait to take it to the track, I just hope my 10 bolt lives for a while.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
I'm glad to see more great results with Patriot's cylinder heads! You're making some fantastic power with such a small camshaft. Let me know when you're ready to upgrade to a larger camshaft. You still have a decent amount of power to gain!

Congrats on the great setup. Now get it to the track!

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Thanks Trevor, I'll keep u in mind, If I can get a killer deal on a cam, I might consider it, thanks for all of ur guys help.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Vey nice Mike .. Nice gains from a set of heads.. Let me know when your going to the track i'll come down to hang ..
Old 01-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Teching In

I´m very curious what ya think about the heads after a couple of weeks of testing? When you really have tried them out.

Is the car more powerful over the whole powerband?
Or does it have a very narrow powerband at the top?

Lot´s of ppl change the heads.. and then they change the cam, stall, exhaust system, airfilter, increase the CR, gearing, balance the crank etc...
Change carbs or reprogram the injection..
They can see some gain in the top end power but the car runs slower on the track anyway.. because the power are not there you need it.

And nobody know in the end what´s really gave the power!!?

The reason i´m asking is that i've been looking at the Partiot heads..
I have no idea what to choose.. if there is any other heads to buy with a nice pricetag? I want the best bang for the buck like most of us i guess

Old 01-01-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bspz28
Vey nice Mike .. Nice gains from a set of heads.. Let me know when your going to the track i'll come down to hang ..
Thanks Pete, I hope to go to the track soon. I'll let u know when. Congrats again on ur new set up!
Old 01-01-2004, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZoDDy
I´m very curious what ya think about the heads after a couple of weeks of testing? When you really have tried them out.

Is the car more powerful over the whole powerband?
Or does it have a very narrow powerband at the top?

Lot´s of ppl change the heads.. and then they change the cam, stall, exhaust system, airfilter, increase the CR, gearing, balance the crank etc...
Change carbs or reprogram the injection..
They can see some gain in the top end power but the car runs slower on the track anyway.. because the power are not there you need it.

And nobody know in the end what´s really gave the power!!?

The reason i´m asking is that i've been looking at the Partiot heads..
I have no idea what to choose.. if there is any other heads to buy with a nice pricetag? I want the best bang for the buck like most of us i guess

I will tell u this. If u see my dyno sheet in one of these posts, it's a little small, you'll see a gain from 2,500 rpm on up. From about 4,500 up to past 6,500 there is a bigger gain. I shifted it today at 6,800 and it was still pulling hard. In these past couple of days there is a noticeable gain in the whole powerband. Even in 5th or 6th when I get on it pulls with authority. I'm figuring with good traction and good conditions I should knock off about 5-6 tenths from my previous best. Only time will tell though. I would recommend these heads and for the price u can't beat it since there is NO core charge. I'm not knocking the other guys I'm sure they all make great power. Good luck in ur descison.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Very nice numbers Mike, congrats and good luck at the track.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike98WS6
u can't beat it since there is NO core charge. I'm not knocking the other guys I'm sure they all make great power. Good luck in ur descison.
Thanx dude

Your numbers looking good...
I´m on my way building a new LS1 to my tiny jap car.
It will probably be a dual turbo charged this time..

Need a really strong gearbox too..

Good luck!
Old 01-01-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Originally Posted by TVWilkes
I will have a couple of different aftermarket heads out this year.This will be my own castings.

I have have a dual quench 59 cc chamber in the LS6 style head. In AFR's new head their chamber is the same basic shape as what I have. You will not see me going out here and saying they have my design. They do not,it looks similar but not the same.
Ahhh indeed but will AFR be saying you have theirs?
Old 01-02-2004, 12:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Ahhh indeed but will AFR be saying you have theirs?
you mean as TEA did

granted i am no expert, but its gonna take alot more than one guy saying "those look like my ports" for me to believe they were copied exactly, especailly when that person took a HUGE business hit as a result of patriots arrival in the cylinder head market.

ive always said TEA offered great products, but to come on the board and bash PP products without proof was childish and wrong

and i still think TEA offers a great product, but their recent actions have led me further away from giving them my business

Last edited by Tally TransAm; 01-02-2004 at 01:03 AM.

Quick Reply: I got my car back today with Patriot Stage 2 5.3's...