Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

I got my car back today with Patriot Stage 2 5.3's...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 01:24 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
you mean as TEA did

granted i am no expert, but its gonna take alot more than one guy saying "those look like my ports" for me to believe they were copied exactly, especailly when that person took a HUGE business hit as a result of patriots arrival in the cylinder head market.

ive always said TEA offered great products, but to come on the board and bash PP products without proof was childish and wrong

and i still think TEA offers a great product, but their recent actions have led me further away from giving them my business
I guess everybody forgot about Jay @ Absolute chiming in and CONFIRMING the claims? Nobody has said anything about that yet

It's truely beating a dead horse with this debate so let's just leave it alone and let this thread continue on it's original course...

Josh
Old 01-02-2004, 01:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian
I guess everybody forgot about Jay @ Absolute chiming in and CONFIRMING the claims? Nobody has said anything about that yet

It's truely beating a dead horse with this debate so let's just leave it alone and let this thread continue on it's original course...

Josh

lets not forget jay took a big hit too, and i wouldnt call that confirming the claims (two of patriots biggest competitors saying things without proof, such as a casting of the ports, that could seriously damage patriot, come on). if you were to accuse you biggest competitior of copying your designs wouldnt you have more proof than two peoples eyeballs looks at the products. personally i dont really care what happened, but if terry did do the ports on his own, i would go after tea for slandering the name and product (which would probably stand up in court as much as TEA's arguement but you ge the idea)

i would seriously have ZERO problems letting the entire situation drop since as said before there is no proof, but it seems that in every thread regarding patriot heads it seems to get brought back up by people who own or support TEA products (including you, as you were the first person to bring the situation up in this post). and in all honestly its getting really annoying, so if you want to talk about beating a dead horse maybe you should look a little closer
Old 01-02-2004, 03:45 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike98WS6
Thanks everyone for the reply's, I'm hoping for at least 11.50-11.60's with the car. I can't drive for crap though. Only time will tell. Like I said before I'm happy with my current set up. I can always get a bigger cam If I want to add even more power, but right now I'm good to go. Here's my dyno sheet, I'm sorry If it's too small but for some reason it's not letting me put the full size sheet up.
host the fullsize pic on a another site or something, that one is too small
Old 01-02-2004, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Ahhh indeed but will AFR be saying you have theirs?
No,thay would not say that.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets not forget jay took a big hit too, and i wouldnt call that confirming the claims (two of patriots biggest competitors saying things without proof, such as a casting of the ports, that could seriously damage patriot, come on).

I dont think you are accurate at all.I dont think Absolute has not noticed any business lose to patriot. He has all business that he can this point. There is still a pretty decent wait to get his heads 4-6 weeks. People buy AS heads looking for the most power they can get from there ls1 at a reasonable price and they are willing to wait for it. If they just want cheap heads they will buy patriots but that is not the customer that absolute deals with for the most part.

Edited by me this is a new year so lets start fresh

BTW

I would like to add if you are on a budget and cannot afford AS heads, TEA, GTP or any of the others then why not go for PP heads. I am not saying dont buy these heads . There seems to be a large customer base for these heads and I am glad they are available because it keeps the other head porters to keep working to improve there product which is good for everyone.
I did like some of the early #`s from the TSP car and gomers car and I was giving PP 6.0 heads some serious thought.The #`s on the stage 3 heads look good but I am not willing to drop my loot on them if I might not see any gains over what Ihave right now. Im still waiting on some more info before making any real judgements on these. The design looks good though. If I was going to buy a PP head these would be the ones I would buy.

Last edited by offaxis; 01-02-2004 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys keep the **** talk about head copying etc to email. Until there is proof of this (Through Legal means or whatever) I would like the bashing to stop. Keep the threads on topic.

Old 01-02-2004, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Hey mike, Driven well and on Nittos you should be able to get 11.7's to 11.5's out of that combo. If you drop some weight and do the light weight mods then you could drop further. I have a 222 cam and local ported heads and make near the same power as you and my car runs 11.7's in decent air and has gone 11.69 in good air but it is a heavy pig. My mph runs between 115&119 depending on the weather.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Like Chris said, keep these technical threads on-topic. Personally, I'm sick of reading drama bullshit. Those of you that continue to keep bringing this crap into these otherwise good technical threads will probably just end up with a locked user account. Please show some courtesy for a fellow member that is HAPPY with his purchase and shared HIS results.

Now, back on track. Excellent gain in power BTW!

Tony
Old 01-02-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you Nine Ball. I wasn't trying to start anything here, I was just happy on my results that's all. As far as the dyno graph. Does anyone want to host it up for me? I would like for everyone to see the gains in the entire power band not just peak. PM me thanks.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

NOT related to the topic posted

Last edited by Chris ARE 360; 01-02-2004 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TVWilkes
Hannibal,
Answer one question for me,Tell me of another company that sell someone a set of heads,with no warranty,then after the customer runs the heads for a few months,refunds all of their money back and gives them a stock set of 5.7 heads?
Lets be straight here Terry if we want to mention specifics - as you were informed, I NEVER ran the heads for a couple months - they were on my car for a couple months but the car was down for the VAST majority of that time because of the heads. I believe a more accurate approach was to say - ran for approximately 500 miles. As for giving me my money back and a set of heads. Yeah, and I think you realize it was a business decision that still left you on the decent end of it. Had you not - do you not reliaze how bad it would look to disclose all of our dealings puclically when so many people were undecided on your product? What you granted (after much wheeling and dealing) was for me to get out of our business relationship and cut my losses. All I got out of it was what I paid for your heads. This didnt cover the NUMEROUS other expenses that I spent. So there wasnt exactly some big favor handed my way.

You was treated real well.No body else would have done that for any customer.
I have always defended you and your company in terms of its Customer Service. You were always available and most things were resolved in at least a decent way. Still doesnt mean I like the dealings we had - not in the slighest. As for what other companies would do - I cant answer that. But I am sure that with what was at stake for your company, being it was a time when many people were looking for answers regarding your product - most other companies would have done the same if not more to make it right.

I am not trying to start anything with you,I just feel like you have no reason to talk trash.
I have plenty of reason to talk trash - a WHOLE LOT of reason. And please feel free to point out where I have posted "Trash" being that EVERYTHING I have said is completely true and even then, has been kept to a minumum. I havent gotten into specifics but at the same time have a hard time standing idle when people like Gomer hop on every thread with posts like "idiots" (wonder who he was referring to?) and such. With our past dealings, I am just curious as to what all is going on and how much of what is said is true. I know how things panned out for me.........

Last edited by Hannibal; 01-02-2004 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

before and after dyno numbers??

before and after track numbers??

With the PP Stage 2 heads - only got to dyno them. Turned 408 RWHP/380 RWTQ. Slightly disappointed with the numbers due to having all bolt-ons and running a big cam. But think I would have pulled more had the power not dived off at 5900 rpm's due to horrible valve float.

Due to "problems" - I never made it to the track - however did line em up against my fathers 2002 Z06 from a dig and from a roll. His car traps 115ish and both times it was neck and neck even though I run a bigger gear (4.30 vs his 3.90. I was a little bothered that my car couldnt walk his practically stock car. And before its even asked - he KNOWS how to drive the car very well as do I . Like I said - I was a little bothered especially since I could hang with him like that when I was cam only with an XER 224 cam and trapped 114 in the 1/4.

After being tired of dealing with "problems" - I switched over to TEA's setup and due to track season closing - I decided to run my car at the track at least even though it was untuned. I slapped on the ET Streets and hit the track never before 1/4 miling a H/C car. Made 3 passes and managed 11.70 at 118 mph. Not bad considering it was untuned, full weight (jack/spare and all) and on stock suspension (no Hal's). And best part was that with this new setup, I got to hand pop his *** in his Z06. Both from a dig and from a roll. There was a NOTICABLE difference between before and after.

She is getting tuned this week or at the latest next and I will post the dyno numbers. I know what 408 felt like - so my guess would be 420-425ish. You can feel the difference.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Nice power gain!! I also have a set of the PP 5.3s, sitting in the garage, waiting to be installed (maybe next weekend). I'm glad there is an affordable option for us poor folks.

I hope they get me into the 10's
Old 01-02-2004, 09:00 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a bigger pic of mikes graph, very nice powerband

Old 01-02-2004, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrp
a bigger pic of mikes graph, very nice powerband

Thanks alot Jerami, it pulls very hard all over the powerband.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

All this makes me wonder if I just threw away a bunch of money on a set of LS6 (style) heads that may or may not even make as much power as a set of stock LS6 heads? I am praying that I have good results with these heads.

Power dropping off prior to 6000 rpms with a cam that should be making power past 6500? WTF?

You never see a post on any board from Craig Gallant trying to explain why his heads performed poorly (his product speaks for itself) Couldn't be more happy with the LT1 heads he did for me hell, I got 6 more MPH with his heads alone.

Brian Tooley,

I think you are wasting your time (you obviously know what you are doing). It really doesn't matter weather or not someone is copying your port design. If they are infact copying, then the numbers should show. It appears to me that in most cases the numbers don't show and people will eventually boycot that product. Your heads speak for themselves.

Had I not needed to keep my stock heads, your heads would be on my car.

Mike98WS6,

Congrats on the numbers! I can't wait to hear what you run with that combo. How does it sound? Any clips? Please keep us posted!

Nick
Old 01-03-2004, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Nice numbers Mike congrats
Old 01-03-2004, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

congrats u should have a easy 11 sec slip
Old 01-03-2004, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

very nice broad torque curve, perfect for the street, I bet she flies now!

Imagine if he put a "little" 224 cam in there...
Old 01-04-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Great #'s man. I have the same with a TSP228R and just tuned and dyno'd today. I have no scanner but it put down 422hp and 414tq and pulled al the way to 6800. I can't see anything wrong with those heads. Way to go PP and thanks!

Quick Reply: I got my car back today with Patriot Stage 2 5.3's...