Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Aftermarket LSx Rockers and Valvetrain Stability... Dyno Results inside.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer7088
They often do. Some clear by a wee bit and some arent even close and yet some 245s we had not that long ago worked as is out of the box with 3/8ths.

You can "scootch" the head all the way to the exhaust side which might give you a few thou when you bolt the heads down and then you can "scootch" the rocker pair towards to the intake side and get another .015 or so and sometimes this can get you by.

As has been said though we have probably installed a 100 sets of these things easy from other shops and customers and our own and they don''t generally fit with 3/8ths on intake. We use 11/32nds MAntons usually on that side.
Thanks Erik, I meant to reply to the pm that you so nicely replied too. I decided to go 11/32" with all of the rods. All i need are the rods and i can fire her up. I cant wait.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racer7088
You can run stock rockers no problem.
Thank you, sir. Trunions need attention, or just leave it well enough alone? Stock 2007 LS2 rockers in there now.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lubelizard
Thank you, sir. Trunions need attention, or just leave it well enough alone? Stock 2007 LS2 rockers in there now.
Yes, the trunions need attention.Replace them with the comp trunion kit.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the che rocker upgrade? similar to comp's deal?
Old 04-09-2011, 10:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ct06gto
3/8 pushrods rub on my tfs 225 heads.
Where is the "egg on my face" emoticon?

I need to mock up more rockers to see what's going on there, sorry to hear they rubbed.

For future reference, if you look at the large machined pushrod area from the deck side of the head, you can open the smaller pushrod hole to that entire size. I just did a pair of 265 heads with a 7/16"-3/8" single taper Manton and Jesel J2K rockers and that's what I did to get them to clear.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:51 AM
Staging Lane

**** happens Brian, I was one of the unlucky ones. it looked like all the intake push rods were hitting. Then you had me test it with masking tape and black marker and then realized only cylinder 5 was rubbing. I talked to Erik about running 3/8 rods on the exhaust and 11/32 on the intake side but decided to keep everything uniform and ordered 16-11/32" rods. All the help you gave me is very much appreciated.
Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Where is the "egg on my face" emoticon?

I need to mock up more rockers to see what's going on there, sorry to hear they rubbed.

For future reference, if you look at the large machined pushrod area from the deck side of the head, you can open the smaller pushrod hole to that entire size. I just did a pair of 265 heads with a 7/16"-3/8" single taper Manton and Jesel J2K rockers and that's what I did to get them to clear.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up

Brian, I never meant to sound rude about the 3/8th pushrod deal because as you said some do fit it's just so close so that the tolerance stack up can end up on some making them rub I guess.

Thanks for being a major or even the major part of bringing these heads to the LSx community as we've had your heads on a great many engines now and they all haul ***!

Obviously it would be nice to bring that wall even further into the pushrod! We just need a slightly offset affordable intake rocker arm setup and all would be good.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Arrow

Originally Posted by lubelizard
Actually we have never had issues with the dead stock rockers. Many come apart from massive valve float so they get "fixed" and they usually fail again in general from what I have seen no matter which fix is employed if the valvetrain isn't stabilized.

If everything in the valvetrain is good probably all of these rockers will work just fine. I like the CHE upgraded ones the best but again so far we've never seen any issues with any on correctly setup deals at this point anyway.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket LSx Rockers and Valvetrain Stability... Dyno Results inside.