Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Exporting dyno data from Mustang dyno?

Old 02-17-2014, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Exporting dyno data from Mustang dyno?

I know DynoJet's can export the run data, and you can also grab the raw log files and use their proprietary run viewer to load the log and change the smoothing, export the raw data, etc.

I'm getting the car tuned on a Mustang dyno this Wednesday, does the Mustang dyno have similar options?
Old 02-20-2014, 11:22 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yeah... theres an extrenal run viewer you can download on the Mustang Dyno Site

I couldnt tell you how to export the runs as I have never tried to do that on the one I use.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:19 PM
TECH Junkie

I found the run viewer, just waiting for the dyno files from the tuner. HE said he had never been requested to provide the files before and would need to call the vendor to see how to obtain the files. I suspect they are just raw files in a folder that he needs to copy off.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:28 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

they are raw files that he can just copy and email to you or put on a USB key..
Old 02-21-2014, 08:23 PM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

JimMueller I can help with where you need to go, you have to retrieve files from their dyno computer of course. My guess is you may have to do that yourself?
Old 02-21-2014, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

The tuner didn't seem willing to allow me access to the dyno computer to grab the files. I have the run viewer and sent him directions on how to find the files; we'll see.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:11 PM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's to bad. Shakes your confidence level a tad I'm sure
Old 03-06-2014, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Still waiting for the files. Maybe they can send me digital photos of the graphs, but I'll be very disappointed if I cant get the raw files.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Since this was such a PITA to work through, these are the steps I needed to perform to view files provided by the Mustang dyno shop, in case it helps anyone else.

---
The files the dyno operator needs to provide to you are in the "C:\Mustang\Chassis\PowerDynePC\Test Files" path on the dyno computer. Under the "Test Files" path, there will be one or more subfolders with names like yyyy-mm, representing the year and month. The filenames needed are of the format "Type-6-yyyy-mm-dd hh-mm-ss.TRB", representing the data & time of your actual dyno pulls. The dyno operator needs to find the correct files for you based upon the timestamp in the filenames under the yyyy-mm folder(s). Hopefully the date & time was correct on the dyno computer the day of the dyno pulls.

1) Download PowerDyne Software Free demo from http://www.mustangdyne.com/mustangdy...enter/?did=102
2) Install to C: drive only
3) During install, acknowledge warnings
4) Reboot if requested
5) In the C:\Mustang\Chassis\PowerDynePC\Test Files path, create a new folder in the naming convention of yyyy-mm representing the current year and month, i.e., "2014-03"
6) Copy the .TRB files you received from the dyno shop into the folder you created
7) Launch Powerdyne software, on Step 1 choose dyno type, on step 2 ensure you check the "Setup in Demo Mode" option, then click OK to dismiss various warnings
8) On the Database menu, choose "Database Utilities And Options". This will display the "Database Maintenance / Options" window
9) Choose "Re-Scan Co/Cust/Veh Files", clicking Yes and OK as necessary to complete the task.
10) Choose "Re-Scan Test Files", clicking Yes and OK as necessary to complete the task.
11) Click OK to close the "Database Maintenance/Options" window
12) On the Database menu, choose "Test List", and then expand the "HP Curve (All)" container to see the pulls
13) Download the manual at this link for further directions on use: http://www.mustangdyne.com/mustangdy...center/?did=75
---

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exporting dyno data from Mustang dyno?