Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

If you are considering using a dynojet in New Jersey, please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default If you are considering using a dynojet in New Jersey, please read

I caution you against using Bruce's Speed Shop in Rockaway, NJ.
I held back saying anything to give the benefit of the doubt, but my phone conversation with Bruce just now pushed me over the edge.

I dynoed on April 20th. The first 1 hour was spent figuring out why my car was making only 180hp. Bruce was in the motorcycle program. He said he never made that mistake before, but I got lucky I guess. The dyno is outside, which is ok, but there is no fan for engine cooling or intake air. The rest of the tuning went ok. He has a tailpipe sniffer, which predictably reads about 1-1.5 leaner after my cats. He believed it should be almost no difference.

There was quite a bit of missing rpm data from my runs with his inductive pickup, though this can be normal.

He said it was difficult to get the dynojet files of his computer, as he had no burner of floppy.

I had done dyno work at 2nd St Speed in Perkasie, PA before and they are great. Theirs is inside, they have a big fan, they can provide files and they have a regular O2 bung wideband. They also picked up rpm right off my ignition. Highly recommend to anyone.

Because of the issue with rpm and for some comparison purpose, I thought I would ask Bruce if I could bring a USB memory stick and get my files. His response basically "that's not part of the service we provide" I explain why I want them due to the bad rpm pickup and I get a repeat of response 1 and "have a nice day". He was very short with me and rude.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the warning .

Im sure you will save someone some money. Try cartek they are in jersey.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:02 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes try Cartek. Thanks for the information on that dyno shop. Cartek will set you straight.. ----------------------------------------------------------------------->
Old 05-22-2004, 02:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I've heard Bruce is a huge *******. His shop seems like a low-class place anyhow.

My buddy Matt bought a high-torque starter from him, started it up once and broke it immediately. Bruce refused to give him any kind of refund for it. This was less than 3 days after he had initially purchased it.

One of my friends (who is in the Navy now) went there to get a nitrous kit installed on his Integra and they were constantly making fun of him and his car. He left pretty humiliated.

Bruce is a total waste. He does it his way, or no way. My friend Nick inquired about a true-dual setup for his '99 WS6, Bruce told him he was "stupid for wanting an X-Pipe". Bruce said it "messes up flow". He wanted to do a straight-through full exhaust setup with true duals for around $3,000.

Cartek will treat you a tons better. I've talked to Miriah and she was nothing but respectful and outgoing. Hopefully Bruce or one of his lackeys will stumble upon this thread, but probably not.

Last edited by enisguy; 05-22-2004 at 02:41 AM.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The showroom is very nice, if a little small. His guy that put me on the rollers seemed like a good guy. It's just annoying when somemone is very opinionated and insistant when they are frequently wrong! And then just plain rude and unhelpful. I would have even paid something for the access to my files, no question. His dyno rates are reasonable compared to others, but obviously not worth it.

Quick Reply: If you are considering using a dynojet in New Jersey, please read