Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

boltons.FAST102, NW102, LS7 MAF DYNODYNAMICS

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question boltons.FAST102, NW102, LS7 MAF DYNODYNAMICS

Hello everyone.

I recently set about to see how far i could push a stock ls2 (GTO) without doing a cam swap, heads, or any kind of power adder. In essense leaving the ls2 stock with the exception of the intake manifold. The tuning was done on a DynoDynamics. stock numbers where 325/340. heads up these dynos are also known as heart breakers when compared to a mustang dyno, or a DYNOJET.

List of Mods:
my own custom 4in CAI
ls7 MAF
Fast 102/Nick Williams 102
headers LT's
3in magnaflows all the way back
and an underdrive pulley

my results on the dyno were 380/377. Torque went from dropping off at 4300rpms to 5000rpms and both curves shifted up on the dyno sheet. compared to another boltons gto i rode in the car feels like it has a more sensitive throttle reponse and it revs very fast. the same day a manual c6z06 did some baseline pulls on the same dyno pulling 395/379. A late model M3 pulled right around 300 rwhp. haven't been able to track it yet but I will post the results ASAP.

My goal is to break 390rwhp on this particular dyno. I am going to try to install an electric meziere water pump, a 160 Degree Thermostat and Duspeed intake, and it will be retuned by someone else. After buying HPtuners I realized the tuner didn't really give me my moneys worth.

What are your thoughts on this? Will I be able to reach my Goal?
Old 09-26-2014, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ViceCityPerformance
Hello everyone.

I recently set about to see how far i could push a stock ls2 (GTO) without doing a cam swap, heads, or any kind of power adder. In essense leaving the ls2 stock with the exception of the intake manifold. The tuning was done on a DynoDynamics. stock numbers where 325/340. heads up these dynos are also known as heart breakers when compared to a mustang dyno, or a DYNOJET.

List of Mods:
my own custom 4in CAI
ls7 MAF
Fast 102/Nick Williams 102
headers LT's
3in magnaflows all the way back
and an underdrive pulley

my results on the dyno were 380/377. Torque went from dropping off at 4300rpms to 5000rpms and both curves shifted up on the dyno sheet. compared to another boltons gto i rode in the car feels like it has a more sensitive throttle reponse and it revs very fast. the same day a manual c6z06 did some baseline pulls on the same dyno pulling 395/379. A late model M3 pulled right around 300 rwhp. haven't been able to track it yet but I will post the results ASAP.

My goal is to break 390rwhp on this particular dyno. I am going to try to install an electric meziere water pump, a 160 Degree Thermostat and Duspeed intake, and it will be retuned by someone else. After buying HPtuners I realized the tuner didn't really give me my moneys worth.

What are your thoughts on this? Will I be able to reach my Goal?
Very nice numbers. This is the same approach Im gonna take with my next car as well. Ill throw on some CNC heads on the stock cam to see how far i can take it.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMRL
Very nice numbers. This is the same approach Im gonna take with my next car as well. Ill throw on some CNC heads on the stock cam to see how far i can take it.
That i wouldn't do... on youtube there is a guy with who switched to cnc'd ls3 heads with a stock ls2. He had a vararam, fast 102 and full exhaust. Pulled 380 on a dynojet. Our cathedral port heads are not a restriction at all for our stock cam. If anything you may lose some low end performance. Usually thats what happens when you go a set of heads that is to big for your aftermarket cam. So theoretically that same effect may happen to you

I will however start a new thread in December testing in addition a meziere electric waterpump and tuning for e85 with my stock ls2 valvetrain. I have reason to believe that i can gain 15-20 hp/tq from e85. Ive seen some pretty interesting things come from switching over to e85 on "bone stock" imports like the scion frs. Especially when it comes to under the curve performance...

Quick Reply: boltons.FAST102, NW102, LS7 MAF DYNODYNAMICS