Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

2006 Corvette Z06 620rwhp 523rwtq

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the results are typical of the mods.

Here is a C6Z that put down 572rwhp. Similar cam, but stock IM and Exhaust.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...m-build-2.html

Another HCI LS7 showed a 24rwhp/16rwtq increase with the MSD intake alone, headers are an easy 20rwhp. So over 600rwhp seems pretty consistent with the combo.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice numbers!
Old 05-06-2015, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

nice numbers. are you on E85 or pump gas?
Old 05-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Thanks! Pump gas, 93 octane in Florida. I will convert it to E85 if I get stationed in CA. 91 Octane might as well be mid-grade.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Nice to see someone to put a MSD to use.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Thanks, the MSD works! I'm having some minor drivability issues, surging, hesitation...thinking about having Redline Motorsports do the tune. Any feedback? I'm in Pensacola, FL.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I know Matt at FSP is good.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the feedback on the tuner, and also the Mantic clutch...I'm seriously considering one for my car. I think I should probably install one before I have a retune done, that way the tuner can address any drivability concerns with a lighter than stock flywheel/clutch combo. I want to preserve some street manners, so I think the organic discs would be best. I have no plans to make more torque, maybe another 5 or so, so now I am just looking for "refinement" as much as possible.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobby95
Thanks for the feedback on the tuner, and also the Mantic clutch...I'm seriously considering one for my car. I think I should probably install one before I have a retune done, that way the tuner can address any drivability concerns with a lighter than stock flywheel/clutch combo. I want to preserve some street manners, so I think the organic discs would be best. I have no plans to make more torque, maybe another 5 or so, so now I am just looking for "refinement" as much as possible.
I've got a mantic clutch. I've had 2 slaves fail on me since I did the mantic. I'm not sure if it was the cause, but it hasnt really been any better than the ls7 i had before. I've also heard that mantic clutches kill slaves. A friend of mine with a 5th gen had a mantic 9000 and his slave failed on him as well.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 215 Likes on 128 Posts

I purchased a RPS Twin Disc Billet Carbon Lightened Flywheel for
My build on Tony Mamo's recommendation , not installed yet but
Have heard nothing but good things about them. For more info
Contact Tony @ MMS.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Goosecaddy05
I've got a mantic clutch. I've had 2 slaves fail on me since I did the mantic. I'm not sure if it was the cause, but it hasnt really been any better than the ls7 i had before. I've also heard that mantic clutches kill slaves. A friend of mine with a 5th gen had a mantic 9000 and his slave failed on him as well.
Sorry to hear about the failed slave cylinders. I appreciate your feedback, that sounds like a big PITA to have to change out slaves, I wonder how the mantic would be different?
Old 05-19-2015, 06:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobby95
Sorry to hear about the failed slave cylinders. I appreciate your feedback, that sounds like a big PITA to have to change out slaves, I wonder how the mantic would be different?
I've been trying to figure that out. The only thing that makes sense to me is the force needed to release the clutch is greater on the mantic, so it stresses the slave too much. But that should only really be an issue on the twin disc. I've got the single disk one, which is supposed to have very close release pressure to a stock clutch and I still had 2 slaves fail. First one lasted 10k after the mantic. Second one 6k and now I'm on the 3rd one at around 3k.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:06 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a RPS Twin Carbon street Lite, I could not get a proper disengage with stock Hydraulics. The Mcleod MC with a slightly larger MC was enough but then the pedal pressure was to high combined with L/W made for a drivers meeting if someone else drove the car. It did Hi rpm shift though could not live with other two issue's & the not friendly support from RPS.

Nice ride bobby95, crazy on the street huh?
Old 05-19-2015, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For my next clutch I'm going with the Katech ls9X. Its hard to beat oem for reliability and with that clutch I won't have to worry about shims and other headaches. It bolts right in just like my stock clutch did. Should be plenty of power handling for my current and future goals. I was told by one shop that the shim was too big when i had the mantic first installed, and that's what caused it to kill the slaves. I'm not sure I buy that though. I had the shim machined a little to make it smaller but I'm not holding my breath. Next time a slave goes out the Katech is going in.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:52 PM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

I just went back thru the thread making sure the clutch thing is not off topic, the OP has an interest in the clutches

Goose, the very first thing I thought of when you mentioned the slave failing was how it is shimmed. That makes good sense to me, you are not getting a full release.

Followed the Ls9X clutch when they started adapting to different cars, I would suggest you search it out a little more. If Hi rpm shifting is important, you might look closer.

My C5 has seen a few clutches, I know what I like. No drivers meeting before letting someone else drive the car & Hi rpm shifts. I'm in the power range of bobby95 & the McLeod RST is doing it nicely.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ctd
I just went back thru the thread making sure the clutch thing is not off topic, the OP has an interest in the clutches

Goose, the very first thing I thought of when you mentioned the slave failing was how it is shimmed. That makes good sense to me, you are not getting a full release.

Followed the Ls9X clutch when they started adapting to different cars, I would suggest you search it out a little more. If Hi rpm shifting is important, you might look closer.

My C5 has seen a few clutches, I know what I like. No drivers meeting before letting someone else drive the car & Hi rpm shifts. I'm in the power range of bobby95 & the McLeod RST is doing it nicely.
With how I make power all I really need is for it to shift at 6700 tops. Most likely I'll shift at 6500. As long as the clutch can do that I'm good. But if the Mcleod shifts great, drives great, holds power, and wont kill my slaves I may give that a look. I just hope they have already spec'd out the shim, since I seem to have bad luck with them.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ctd
I had a RPS Twin Carbon street Lite, I could not get a proper disengage with stock Hydraulics. The Mcleod MC with a slightly larger MC was enough but then the pedal pressure was to high combined with L/W made for a drivers meeting if someone else drove the car. It did Hi rpm shift though could not live with other two issue's & the not friendly support from RPS.

Nice ride bobby95, crazy on the street huh?
I can't get any of the top end power to the ground below 90mph Running third gear to redline is fun, it's the fastest car Ive ever owned.

I know that once I put some better tires on it then next fuse to blow will be the factory LS7 clutch.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:46 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

" next fuse to blow will be the factory LS7 clutch "

That's funny **** right there & the truth! I tried the LS7 clutch & it was hands down my least favorite. Like you said tires are going to kill it.

I'm running PS2's so I'm just useless in gear 1 & 2, third is a white knuckle, fourth you still need to be Hi alert. I've a data log with a brief tire spin @ 100mph in fourth. I had not turned the TC off
Old 05-20-2015, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm surprised the LS7 clutch is at all happy with the new power. Multiple vendors tell me the LS7 clutch was only designed to handle the stock LS7 power levels. Unless that's a sales pitch?
Old 05-20-2015, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JimMueller
I'm surprised the LS7 clutch is at all happy with the new power. Multiple vendors tell me the LS7 clutch was only designed to handle the stock LS7 power levels. Unless that's a sales pitch?
That's true to some extent.
Most ls7's will give out at the drag strip with a 4000+rpm launch on a drag radial even in bone stock trim. But it will recover and be fine after some time. On the street it will handle much more. It depends on the tires and the way you drive in addition to the HP.

Quick Reply: 2006 Corvette Z06 620rwhp 523rwtq