Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

[VR] Laguna Blue Corvette C7 Z06 - VR Stage IV - Dyno Results and Walkaround Vid!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default [VR] Laguna Blue Corvette C7 Z06 - VR Stage IV - Dyno Results and Walkaround Vid!

A client of ours from TN brought us this incredible Laguna Blue C7 Z06 with the Z07 package on it with just 700 miles on the odometer. While he was waiting to take delivery of his car, he had been following our progress on the shop car on the forums and he already knew that he was going to be modifying his new Z06 right after delivery. Having some experience with high horsepower cars in the past, he wanted to take the Z06 to the level of performance he was used to. After going over some options on what we could do with the car and the results we had with our Z06 shop car, we came up with a goal of 700whp on straight 93oct. To reach this goal, we installed our VR Stage IV Z06 Performance Package along with some other modifications to really bring the Z06 to where the client wanted it to be.

For those of you that haven't seen Laguna Blue in person on the new Z06, it is insane. We tried to bring how awesome this color is to life in the pictures but the reality is that you really have to see one in person to appreciate how great this color is on the car. Not only does it stand out...but it does it in a way that just looks aggressive without being completely in your face. When he dropped the car off with us, it instantly became one of the favorite colors around the shop.

We pulled the car in and got to work on getting the parts installed.

Modifications Installed

VR Stage IV Performance Package:
VR CNC LT4 Cylinder Heads
VR Custom Camshaft kit
Halltech CKNZ Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
Innovators West Lower Overdrive Balancer
VR Upper Pulley Kit w/ 10-Bolt Hub
ARH 2” Longtube Header System w/ 3” Catted X-Pipe
MGW Short tThrow Shifter
Vehicle Lowering
Port OEM Snout/Inlet of Supercharger and Throttle Body

The result? 704.04whp / 707.65wtq on this LT4 on straight 93 octane! All of this was accomplished while keeping the drivability of the car like it was from the factory.

Here is an idle/walkaround video to see the Laguna Blue in person while hearing the ARH/VR Cam idle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNIcOCKI1xk&feature=youtu.be For more information on this build or any other C7 Z06 Performance Modifications, contact us at the shop.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BEAUTIFUL! Any after shots of the exterior?? I wanna see that color lowered!
Old 09-22-2015, 03:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by stinkynuts
BEAUTIFUL! Any after shots of the exterior?? I wanna see that color lowered!
Thank you sir! This is actually lowered on the stock bolts as far as they would go without having to modify them. The pictures you see here are the finished product.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:26 PM
7 Second Club

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

I just saw your other post with the stage 1 vette that made 633 with an intake and a pulley why did this car only make 700 with all the extra work? Not trying to knock you work just curious
Old 09-25-2015, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the list of modifications that differ from the stage 1 are really a matter of helping the car breath better and then the cam and head work. it sounds like they made the care as driveable as possible to keep it in a safe tune for 93 octane with a ton of room to grow. With the heads being able to flow more and all the intake work, i would imagine they have a ton of room to grow with higher octane fuel without running into any air flow issues.

just my 2 cents
Old 09-30-2015, 03:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls3fox
I just saw your other post with the stage 1 vette that made 633 with an intake and a pulley why did this car only make 700 with all the extra work? Not trying to knock you work just curious
Originally Posted by RoidedSS
the list of modifications that differ from the stage 1 are really a matter of helping the car breath better and then the cam and head work. it sounds like they made the care as driveable as possible to keep it in a safe tune for 93 octane with a ton of room to grow. With the heads being able to flow more and all the intake work, i would imagine they have a ton of room to grow with higher octane fuel without running into any air flow issues.

just my 2 cents
RoidedSS explained this very well. The additional items added to this package versus the Stage I include a longtube header system, ported cylinder heads, a very small camshaft (stage I), and the IW balancer. The headers have proven to only be worth ~15rwhp on the C7 Z06, but this is more for helping the car breathe with an aftermarket camshaft, as well as enhancing the sound vs. stock manifolds. The camshaft as stated above is very mild for both driveability and light road course use, so you can only expect ~40rwhp from this modification. The ported cylinder heads are only worth ~15-20rwhp as well as the stock LT4 heads are an excellent flowing head and a great design, however there is a little room for improvement. Boost is brought back to an optimal level with the overdrive balancer that is only 10% larger than stock due to the bleed-off of boost from a larger camshaft, free flowing cylinder heads, and a free flowing exhaust/header combination.

With our shop C7 Z06 we were able to obtain a peak power of 775rwhp/800rwtq on the same pulley setup with a slightly larger camshaft, e85, and methanol involved, so the potential is there with better fueling and more duration/lift on the camshaft.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great results!! Have you guys or any of your customers done any track (road course) testing of the modified c7 zo6s? I'm curious how they handle the cooling with all the extra ponies compared to stock
Old 10-01-2015, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Goosecaddy05
Great results!! Have you guys or any of your customers done any track (road course) testing of the modified c7 zo6s? I'm curious how they handle the cooling with all the extra ponies compared to stock
There are several customers that have done HPDE's with our modified C7 ZO6's with excellent results. However, we have no logged data from these customers. We will certainly report our findings once we are able to get to a track with one of these vehicles as all of our testing and logging have been done on half and quarter mile race tracks.

Quick Reply: [VR] Laguna Blue Corvette C7 Z06 - VR Stage IV - Dyno Results and Walkaround Vid!