Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

6.0, ported 243s, fast setup w/supporting mods.. 356 hp?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 9sectruck
358hp 361tq
it peaked at 6300rpm
So it basically made the exact same HP and TQ as the OP's car with a 6.0, bigger cam, ported Patriot heads, and a FAST 92/92 setup? You need to order that decal for the dyno Kent. It's a true Heartbreaker.

Do you have the graph? Does it look similar to the graph I sent you from when my car was on that other dyno?
Old 04-18-2016, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
So it basically made the exact same HP and TQ as the OP's car with a 6.0, bigger cam, ported Patriot heads, and a FAST 92/92 setup? You need to order that decal for the dyno Kent. It's a true Heartbreaker.

Do you have the graph? Does it look similar to the graph I sent you from when my car was on that other dyno?
Yea, my car made basically the same power as you, I think your heads are really good.

If you go to a better intake/tb setup you will get up on me for sure. I'm curious to see the difference in headers, I don't think it will be that much until you switch out that intake manifold.

Also your car is low as ****!
Old 04-18-2016, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by falxzzr
Yea, my car made basically the same power as you, I think your heads are really good.

If you go to a better intake/tb setup you will get up on me for sure. I'm curious to see the difference in headers, I don't think it will be that much until you switch out that intake manifold.

Also your car is low as ****!
I think everyone is going to be surprised at how much it picks up with the 1 7/8" headers. The exhaust flow numbers on my heads are really high. I know the 1 3/4" with 2.5" collectors were choking those heads BAD. The LS6 intake and stock, unported, TB is also a major restriction, but I'll be taking care of that here soon with a FAST 102/102 setup. I agree with you that the heads are bad ***; they just need the better headers and intake/TB setup to make them shine.

I'm going to raise the care up some. It's sitting on Viking 4 corner coilovers, so I can adjust the ride height pretty easily.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know it sits to low when i have to stack 2x4 to get on to the driveway.. Not the dyno but to get up on the concrete pad in front of shop.
I will take pics of graph it climbs real hard to 6k then starts flatting out around 6200rpm and caries to 6400rpm
Old 04-18-2016, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

You know it sits to low when i have to stack 2x4 to get on to the driveway.. Not the dyno but to get up on the concrete pad in front of shop.
I will take pics of graph it climbs real hard to 6k then starts flatting out around 6200rpm and caries to 6400rpm
I'm going to raise it up a little in the front and quite a bit in the back. Give it more of a raked look.

Sounds good Kent. I'm very interested to seeing the dyno comparisons once the bigger headers are on.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

358hp 361tq
it peaked at 6300rpm
I DONT KNOW WHO TUNED YOUR CAR BUT DAMN THEY GOOD.. FROM THE HIT AT 3K TO 6400RPM AFR ROCK SOLID 12.9-13.0
You and Devon are some bad *** LSx builders/tuners. You think you'll need to touch up the tune after the bigger headers, or just leave it alone?
Old 04-18-2016, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

We will watch afr once we have them changed over. May add lil fuel on big end but i think intake will help more then headers...
Old 04-19-2016, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

We will watch afr once we have them changed over. May add lil fuel on big end but i think intake will help more then headers...
Sounds good. I'm sure it may only require small changes. From what you could tell from the baseline pulls, does the tune look maxed out as far as power?
Old 04-21-2016, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

29-30deg of timing afr spot on. yes im thinking its about maxed. may add some fuel and see if the car likes fuel. shoot for 12.3-12.5 it may like it
Old 04-21-2016, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

29-30deg of timing afr spot on. yes im thinking its about maxed. may add some fuel and see if the car likes fuel. shoot for 12.3-12.5 it may like it
I'll leave it in your hands. You know what you're doing and how to get the car to make power. Just shoot me a message on here or a text when the new headers are on with the new numbers. No hurry at all.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:57 AM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

So it basically made the exact same HP and TQ as the OP's car with a 6.0, bigger cam, ported Patriot heads, and a FAST 92/92 setup? You need to order that decal for the dyno Kent. It's a true Heartbreaker. Do you have the graph? Does it look similar to the graph I sent you from when my car was on that other dyno?
Kind of shows the advantage of top performing aftermarket heads. It'll scream with the upgrades
Old 04-21-2016, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Kind of shows the advantage of top performing aftermarket heads. It'll scream with the upgrades
Yeah, that's what I got from the comparison. When the car only put down 420rwhp on the other dyno a few years ago, I was really worried that the heads were at fault. Now I can see the heads were not the issue; it was the small headers and LS6 intake/TB.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:16 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Yeah, that's what I got from the comparison. When the car only put down 420rwhp on the other dyno a few years ago, I was really worried that the heads were at fault. Now I can see the heads were not the issue; it was the small headers and LS6 intake/TB.
you'll pick up quite a bit. I'll be shocked if you don't hit 460+ between the headers and fast 102. something else that'll really help is to lighten your clutch. It won't show up on a mustang dyno, but it will on a jet, the butt dyno, showing off on the street, and at the track.

I still really love your car
Old 04-23-2016, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, Kent put it on the dyno with the bigger headers, and it picked up about 6 rwhp in the mid range and lost rwhp up top. Kent is going to play with the tune some to see if we can get anymore out of it. He thinks the intake is choking the setup a lot.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, Kent put it on the dyno with the bigger headers, and it picked up about 6 rwhp in the mid range and lost rwhp up top. Kent is going to play with the tune some to see if we can get anymore out of it. He thinks the intake is choking the setup a lot.
The bigger headers will help with spray though....juice it up man!
Old 04-23-2016, 08:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ragtopz28
The bigger headers will help with spray though....juice it up man!
Have thought about that. Really disappointed though. All the trouble of buying new headers and having them put on to only loose top end power. I'm sure I'll see the benefits when I upgrade the intake, but thought I'd see some improvements.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Have thought about that. Really disappointed though. All the trouble of buying new headers and having them put on to only loose top end power. I'm sure I'll see the benefits when I upgrade the intake, but thought I'd see some improvements.
I went for the SE 1 7/8" for the price. I think I lost a little bottom (from the seat of the pants stab). I know, I know all that will argue...just my opinion. I will say that it now carries like crazy on motor and nitrous. I still have a LS6 intake and 241 heads Had my best 60' last Sunday in 85 S. FL heat BTW, 1.46...still haven't weighed this pig but it is full weight + roll bar, SFC, S60 rear, etc.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Very surprised to hear this. It sounds more like you went down in header size with conventional results. How much high end did you lose? Were they the same brand of header as the 1 3/4?

If it couldn't make any more power up top, with the new headers, I would ,at least, hope the top end to be close to the same as it was.

Last edited by SoFla01SSLookinstok; 04-24-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

From Stainless Works 1 3/4" to Speed Engineering 1 7/8". Lost about 10 hp up top according to Kent (builder and tuner) .
Old 04-24-2016, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you think it could be something else causing the power loss? Losing fuel pressure, weak valve springs? I would try & make sure of this first.

It seems you were on the right track with the mid range tq increase. Then losing upper rpm hp seems odd. Do you think it has to do with the different brand of header? The SW headers are over $1k more than the SE headers new. There is probably a good reason. I don't think I could expect too much from the $280 set of budget headers.

Quick Reply: 6.0, ported 243s, fast setup w/supporting mods.. 356 hp?