Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Finally dyno tuned my car... Highest hp "bolt on" ls1?

Old 04-14-2016, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Hammer, what injectors are you running on this car?
The original stock ones
Old 04-14-2016, 01:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
Of course his car makes more than mine did. I never addressed any of the issues with that set up. First off, that cam was completely wrong for the car. Second, I had the LS7 clutch, catted Y pipe, heavy wheels/brakes ect. Many things I could have done to hit 450 cam only easy.
Ls1's have hit 450-470 cam only! I think that could be beaten too.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
No they don't... your hellion cam car made less power. As Redtan said in 19yrs nobody has documented a stock internal Fbody going over 400whp. Closest I seen was a stock cam AI 241 headed car put down 417whp with a ewp and short belt.

Aside from that Hammer likes to troll, so unless his comes clean and lists his mods I am not buying it. His car runs great no doubt, not knocking anything. Dyno numbers are meaning less for comparing across the nets anyway.

My car trapped 115 with 330whp and went low 12's with stock stall and 3.73, 1.85 rockers/springs, ported TB and **** hooker header and cb exhaust. Added full looks setup with fti 3800 and picked up 2 mph. a fast 92 would of put me right at 118-120mph. So I know bolt-on LS1 cars can run, just saying the numbers seem high.

They are a little high. I think it's more in the 420-430 range
Old 04-14-2016, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
no they don't... Your hellion cam car made less power. As redtan said in 19yrs nobody has documented a stock internal fbody going over 400whp. Closest i seen was a stock cam ai 241 headed car put down 417whp with a ewp and short belt.

Aside from that hammer likes to troll, so unless his comes clean and lists his mods i am not buying it. His car runs great no doubt, not knocking anything. Dyno numbers are meaning less for comparing across the nets anyway.

My car trapped 115 with 330whp and went low 12's with stock stall and 3.73, 1.85 rockers/springs, ported tb and **** hooker header and cb exhaust. Added full looks setup with fti 3800 and picked up 2 mph. A fast 92 would of put me right at 118-120mph. So i know bolt-on ls1 cars can run, just saying the numbers seem high.
this ^
Old 04-14-2016, 04:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No offense to King at all but his car was far from optimized. A stalled auto is no dyno queen but still. Theres lot of stuff that would have made more hp.... He could have swapped to a 102 vs ls6 intake, there are gains to be had on a ported fast over ls6 even on a bolt on car. A lighter converter could have been used to cut rotational weight just like a light clutch, he could have used a CF driveshaft to cut weight again. He could have went with true duals, any good dual setup will pick up quite a bit over a y pipe setup. His hooker headers could have been traded in for a set of 1-7/8 or 2" tubes. Then he could have addressed the stock power steering pump on his car. I picked up 3-5whp with my turn one on my old car over the stock one. He could have then added a meziere water pump and picked up more. There are more things even on top of what I just listed to add hp and optimize the drivetrain efficiency and you will find them in you analyze people who have the fastest bolt on cars.

I made 450whp on a cam only ls6 with 3 degrees of overlap and I still had plenty more bolt ons to do to really optimize my setup. I then took the same mods and applied them to a bolt on ls3 which made 450/440 still on the stock intake in fact, and I reckon I could have squeezed 480 or better with some more tinkering. People called bs on both those numbers but the car hauled ***....

What hammers car is hp wise is a well done bolt on ls1, but the drivetrain and all bolt ons have been optimized to such an extent that it minimizes any hp loss through the system. He didnt really add more hp than what most here are used to, he simply optimized what was there.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
No offense to King at all but his car was far from optimized. A stalled auto is no dyno queen but still. Theres lot of stuff that would have made more hp.... He could have swapped to a 102 vs ls6 intake, there are gains to be had on a ported fast over ls6 even on a bolt on car. A lighter converter could have been used to cut rotational weight just like a light clutch, he could have used a CF driveshaft to cut weight again. He could have went with true duals, any good dual setup will pick up quite a bit over a y pipe setup. His hooker headers could have been traded in for a set of 1-7/8 or 2" tubes. Then he could have addressed the stock power steering pump on his car. I picked up 3-5whp with my turn one on my old car over the stock one. He could have then added a meziere water pump and picked up more. There are more things even on top of what I just listed to add hp and optimize the drivetrain efficiency and you will find them in you analyze people who have the fastest bolt on cars.

I made 450whp on a cam only ls6 with 3 degrees of overlap and I still had plenty more bolt ons to do to really optimize my setup. I then took the same mods and applied them to a bolt on ls3 which made 450/440 still on the stock intake in fact, and I reckon I could have squeezed 480 or better with some more tinkering. People called bs on both those numbers but the car hauled ***....

What hammers car is hp wise is a well done bolt on ls1, but the drivetrain and all bolt ons have been optimized to such an extent that it minimizes any hp loss through the system. He didnt really add more hp than what most here are used to, he simply optimized what was there.
I have been thinking about doing a turn one are they really worth that kinda power over the stock pump?
Old 04-14-2016, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

yup redbird......instead of nay sayin I've been revamping some if my **** and will be looking for more power. I think my bolt on ls6 can make 450whp or so. Which would be a decent increase from 431 whp (dyno jet #'s) that it is at currently.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Chris25
I have been thinking about doing a turn one are they really worth that kinda power over the stock pump?
Yes lol the stock pump flows way too much fluid. The turn one pump cuts 35% of flow from the stock pump. A meziere is also a nice tool to keep the car cooler when you want it as well as free up power.
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
yup redbird......instead of nay sayin I've been revamping some if my **** and will be looking for more power. I think my bolt on ls6 can make 450whp or so. Which would be a decent increase from 431 whp (dyno jet #'s) that it is at currently.
Looking forward to in mane....The highest hp bolt on ls7 I have heard of is around 510whp, I fully expect I can beat that number and will be trying to do so in the coming months.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...and my cam only ls6 made well over 500 rwhp thru 4.10's.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes lol the stock pump flows way too much fluid. The turn one pump cuts 35% of flow from the stock pump. A meziere is also a nice tool to keep the car cooler when you want it as well as free up power.

Looking forward to in mane....The highest hp bolt on ls7 I have heard of is around 510whp, I fully expect I can beat that number and will be trying to do so in the coming months.
Our bolt on ls7 trapped 139. I bet it made close to 540whp.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
What did you trap when you were bolt ons?
Old 04-14-2016, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Keep pushing the envelope!
Old 04-14-2016, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What did you trap when you were bolt ons?
135+mph in 200 da
I learned a few thing since that will help. I see 2-3 more tenths in et if I ever get back to it.
You know the story, if the car doesn't sell...
Old 04-14-2016, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

135+mph in 200 da
I learned a few thing since that will help. I see 2-3 more tenths in et if I ever get back to it.
You know the story, if the car doesn't sell...
Dang. I need to find a vid of that
Old 04-14-2016, 07:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Ya there was plenty more I could have done to the ls6 mine was running 3.90s on the dyno so very similar. Before it busted a piece of the block I had planned an 18lb clutch, polished gears, e85, idler and ewp pulley delete, and a larger td system.
Our bolt on ls7 trapped 139. I bet it made close to 540whp.
That sounds about right, I may shoot you a pm to pick your brain a little. I think with a ported msd the doors on a bolt on ls7 can really open up its been seeing great gains even against a ported 102 fast
Old 04-14-2016, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya there was plenty more I could have done to the ls6 mine was running 3.90s on the dyno so very similar. Before it busted a piece of the block I had planned an 18lb clutch, polished gears, e85, idler and ewp pulley delete, and a larger td system.

That sounds about right, I may shoot you a pm to pick your brain a little. I think with a ported msd the doors on a bolt on ls7 can really open up its been seeing great gains even against a ported 102 fast
Anytime brutha.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dang. I need to find a vid of that
Inside picture of car:

http://i47.tinypic.com/35minpi.jpg

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm-B...=youtu.be&t=71
Old 04-14-2016, 08:41 PM
10 Second Club

Do you have a vid of your fastest cam only pass?
Old 04-14-2016, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice job Tyler
Old 04-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Guaranteed it's a stock ls1 cam in there
Stock from what year?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally dyno tuned my car... Highest hp "bolt on" ls1?